Places to meet guys,

knockout33

Im single for 7 years, this year makes 8. For a while i wasn't ready to start dating. Just wanted to work on myself and that. Anyway i just recently started going out and was wondering where do most guys hang out? I have an online dating app but its not going good. I feel like most guys online just want hookups. I think its better to make friends then it happends from there if its meant to. Buy ya not sure where most guys hang out. My sister met her boyfriend online. Married now but ya. Any ideas?

I maintain that the best way to meet a partner is by having a solid social circle, going out with them, going to parties with them etc. Friends bring people you've never met.

I looked at your profile and you list playing pool, karaoke and working in a thrift shop. The first two should put you in easy contact with men. And as a season thrift shopper, I know how easy it is to get talking in a place like that. Everyone is like minded and loves to discuss a good find.

• Like 2
The Outlaw

Place yourself into a social setting with some friends, that's the best way to really get to know someone face to face. Online dating to me at least, is very hit and miss.

some of the pay subscription dating sites are ok- e harmony/elite singles - are they on the go in your direction, sports clubs are always good options, cycling, running/ squash/tennis

meetup groups- have never tried these but they seem ok .......hiking clubs, quiz nights, business meet up events, historical groups, alternative health groups/ health and nutrition courses, learning a language

there is no shortage of possibilities really, just choose even one of those examples, whatever interests you.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 1
Cinnamon_Girl

I talked to a single guy recently who goes to a lot of car shows. He complained that it was all men, no women. Sounds like a good place to meet men.

• Like 1

Go to any sports bar when a major event is on or when your team is playing. It does help if you have a clue about what is going on

Attend business / industry events: business card exchanges, chamber of commerce meetings, continuing education seminars

Look around near your office like who is at lunch

Find a niche singles group for something that interests you. I went to an events called Leashes & Lovers, it's about pets not kink but if the later is your thing that could work too. :p Anyway I got a lot of attention because I brought my Dalmatian who helped make me brave but I was one of only a few women who had a dog bigger then my purse. Right before I met my husband I signed up for this group where there pair 4 people -- 2 men & 2 women to play golf.

Join a political campaign or protest something

Volunteer doing something you care about

Tell everybody you know you are open to being fixed up

Go speed dating

Take or teach an adult education class

I talked to a single guy recently who goes to a lot of car shows. He complained that it was all men, no women. Sounds like a good place to meet men.

Definitely a lot of guys at car shows. But if the guys are real focused on the car or at a guitar show, the instruments and are with their buddies having a "guy day," women are all but invisible. They see you, but they stick with their buds at those things. Auto auctions is similar to car shows.

Meetups (i.e. meetup.com) ... BUT from my perspective a woman has to send VERY clear signals that she's interested in meeting me rather than being there mostly or only for the event. FWIW there are plenty of hiking, eating, and sightseeing meetup groups near me and I'm a member of several. NO 'dating' groups to speak of and I have (so far) never been 'approached' by an 'interesting and interested' woman at a meetup. Nor have I dared to risk offending the other members of the group by acting like I'm there to hit on the women. Just sayin'

However an interesting coincidence that's worth a story ... I went on a meetup hike about a year ago. Several of the women were hot enough that I'd be interested in dating them. Shortly after the hike I spotted THE HOTTEST one on match.com - recognized her face in her profile photo (and her body in her other photos) - what can I say :). We exchanged messages, laughing about the coincidence, but she's not interested in dating me. She's 54 y/o 5'6'' to my 65 and 5'8''. I'm one year over her seeking age range and one inch under her seeking height range. Don't know for sure that such 'superficial' stuff matters but .... I usually suspect it does. Oh - and she's 'can have any man she wants' hot.

Edited by nospam99
greenlights0000

Country bars are filled with guys. Meetups are a good way to meet guys. But make sure the guys who rsvp to an event are good looking or ones you would date. I went to an event last month, mostly guys, semi cute.