Friends to lovers??

I have been friends with my best mate 5 years and I have been single a year and he’s been single 4 months. We have been spending a lot of time together recently and went on a date but I’m not sure if I should take it further. We have shared a kiss but I’m not sure weather or not to try it out or just stay friends as he is my best mate. I’m just scared of being hurt and maybe he won’t satisfy me sexually as he has a small penis but that shouldn’t really matter but I’m worried and maybe that makes me a bitch.

Thank you

Well, losing a good friend to being lovers is one of my only regrets. What makes for friendship doesn't necessarily translate to lovers. Just saying. Once it goes bad, you've lost a friend.

I think it's important to know why neither of you have gone at it before now. I mean you're in the fifth year. Usually if something is going to happen, it happens early on. Even if one is attached, if it's a strong connection, people will make it happen. So I'm wondering if one of you is lukewarm.

• Like 2
AGoodFriend

It sounds like you two are feeling each other out as proximity has given you a chance to get your needs met.

Howevee, if you already know that he won't be able to satisfy you sexually, then there is no reason to start it up where you hurt him because he's not enough, or he hurts your ego if he finds someone else that is really into him.

And like the other poster said, you don't want to lose a lifelong friend for a very short fling.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
quote removed
I’m just scared of being hurt and maybe he won’t satisfy me sexually as he has a small penis but that shouldn’t really matter but I’m worried and maybe that makes me a bitch.

Thank you

Then stay friends. You don't want to grow to resent him because he can't be who/what you need.

I am very interested in this topic actually thou it is an area I am a little confused on,

I would rather share my story than offer a direct opinion,

the most amazing woman I have met thus far, she is Mexican and we developed a really great friendship while she was living in my country,

she was somewhat vulnerable and quite spiritual so I was happy really to develop a friendship and not push for a sexual relationship, and to be honest similar to your situation, I was a little overawed by her and worried that I might not satisfy her sexually.

what transpired was she viewed our relationship as a brother/sister type one.

we still remain in regular contact since she returned to Mexico,

I did ask her recently if she ever could have thought of me in a romantic way,

she replied that she has never ruled it out completely but that she loved the friendship that we had, and was happy that it never went any further because it might have ruined our special bond.

• Like 2
mark clemson

if you think he won't satisfy you might be better not to try him out. If the sexual relationship goes bad, the friendship is likely go bad with it. Maybe find someone else?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
clean up after merge

Only you can decide if you want to take the risk and date this man - if you will be satisfied with his small penis, or not.

There is a risk of being hurt in any relationship. I think the question you should be asking is - am I prepared to lose his friendship if you date and things go south...

• Author
Well, losing a good friend to being lovers is one of my only regrets. What makes for friendship doesn't necessarily translate to lovers. Just saying. Once it goes bad, you've lost a friend.

I think it's important to know why neither of you have gone at it before now. I mean you're in the fifth year. Usually if something is going to happen, it happens early on. Even if one is attached, if it's a strong connection, people will make it happen. So I'm wondering if one of you is lukewarm.

What did you mean by Luke Warm and if it’s what I think you mean I’m totally not sure about the whole idea to be honest so I think I’ll just keep a very good friend to be honest :) x

• Like 1

Yep, the same thing happens to old friends as can often happen to married folks, and it becomes too familiar and too familial and the spark gets lost.