Signs a Guy Is Interested in More

newyorker3475

What are signs that a guy friend is interested in your more than just friends? I know the obvious, but what about a guy who is shy and more of a gentleman?

If you suspect that he may want more, you can subtly probe. Start by complimenting him more. Ask him things like "what is he looking for in a GF?" If his answer includes characteristics that describe you, increase your flirting or if you can do it without being too obvious or making things awkward inquire if he has ever thought about the two of you being more then friends.

You can't really just go by signs & non-verbal communication which is open to interpretation. You need to nudge things in the direction you want them to go.

• Like 1

Ask him, Are you dating? Oh, what's she/he like? If he says not right now, then say something like, Oh, just haven't found someone you're interested enough in to ask out? Hint, hint.

Ask him things like ''what is he looking for in a GF?'' If his answer includes ...

ROTFLMAO

If I'm 'him' that's as far as 'she' would need to go. (I know I am an exceptional man) and maybe I'm exceptional on this, too. But my reaction to that question is either asking her out or VERY politely thanking her for asking and gently brushing her off. The old saw ''I'm seeing someone who's special'' works for the brush off even when it's a white lie.

mark clemson

Looking at you, wanting to spend significant time talking to you specifically may be a good sign of interest. Not sure if those are obvious though, or whether they apply to shy men (I'm not one).

Maybe for a shy guy, if he seems nervous around you but will let you engage him in conversation anyhow?

Youngestdaughter

1. He looks at you like he's starving and you're dinner when you dress sexy or are in a bikini. Good thing about friends is, you can try something on and ask him for a "guy's opinion.". You can even say, "Would this get your attention?" If there's anything there, that'll get it out.

2. He hates it when you talk about other guys.

3. He doesn't talk about girls with you except exes or other friends. I have a lot of purely platonic male friends bringing me their womanly woes all the time

4. Initiate something that involves touching. Go to a club that has dancing. Ask him to practice dancing for clubs. Twister, thumb wrestle, ANYTHING to get his hands on you. If they linger, he's into you.

5. Ask him about his ideal woman. Recognize her?

Also, there was this thing I did in my twenties. It sounds silly. It's even a little embarrassing, but effective. When a strand of hair got stuck in my lipstick, a man who was attracted to me would remove it. A friend would tell me. Riskier but literally instrumental in snagging my shy husband. Tease him that you think he's got a crush on you. It's gotta sound like a joke. But if there's truth in it, you will see.

What are signs that a guy friend is interested in your more than just friends? I know the obvious, but what about a guy who is shy and more of a gentleman?

well if he is that shy you will probably have to make the first move...find out what kind of movies he likes and then ask him out to one. you can do dinner afterwards if the first part of the date went well.

But if you have to take the lead, don't expect him to magically transform into the one who takes the lead. How it starts out is how it will be. So kind of pointless, IMO. You'd just be wishing he wasn't who he is.