LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

Should I make a move on her?


Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2019, 10:06 PM   #1
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 83
Should I make a move on her?

I have a coworker who is also a friend. I don't think she likes me romantically and I know she's not for me. However, I think there is a mutual attraction. She always compliments my haircuts and also when I dress up. We've gone hiking with just the two of us. I get the feeling she's attracted to me.

She's moving to Boston soon. I told her I'll hang out with her if i'm ever in town since i have another friend in Boston. I was wondering if it was a good idea to try to make a move on her and hook up when I'm out there. It will be less complicated and awkward since we'll no longer be working in the same office. However, I'm worried I'll be shot down if I'm misreading the attraction. Or maybe she wouldn't be interested in hooking up. Of course, this is all contingent upon her still being single when I come out.
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2019, 10:08 PM   #2
Established Member
 
alphamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Detroit, MI :lmao:
Posts: 35,377
well you have to take a chance...she may like you but never did anything cause you worked together
__________________
"Alright, we'll call it a draw..."

- Monty Python
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 9:19 PM   #3
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
well you have to take a chance...she may like you but never did anything cause you worked together
Well, I'm not interested in dating her. I've realized that we wouldn't be compatible. She's also too impatient for my taste. Also, I think she's reached the same conclusion as me, that I'm not the one for her. She hangs out with other male friends/coworkers one on one all the time so that hiking hang out was not very telling. She's all hung out with a friend's boyfriend one on one...which is kind of odd but it goes to show how willing she is to hang out with other guys one on one.

I'm only interested in hooking up with her because she's cute and I feel like she might feel the same way about me. In short, I want to hook up with her if I'm ever in Boston but I'm not sure if it's worth it to make a move.
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 9:40 PM   #4
Established Member
 
alphamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Detroit, MI :lmao:
Posts: 35,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazzle View Post
Well, I'm not interested in dating her. I've realized that we wouldn't be compatible. She's also too impatient for my taste. Also, I think she's reached the same conclusion as me, that I'm not the one for her. She hangs out with other male friends/coworkers one on one all the time so that hiking hang out was not very telling. She's all hung out with a friend's boyfriend one on one...which is kind of odd but it goes to show how willing she is to hang out with other guys one on one.

I'm only interested in hooking up with her because she's cute and I feel like she might feel the same way about me. In short, I want to hook up with her if I'm ever in Boston but I'm not sure if it's worth it to make a move.
why not devote your immense energy on some other more suitable girl??
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 12:17 AM   #5
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Antipodes
Posts: 11,865
Worry about it if/when you get to Boston.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 7:40 PM   #6
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
why not devote your immense energy on some other more suitable girl??
Hooking up with her doesnít preclude me from hooking up with other girls.
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2019, 7:01 PM   #7
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: East Coast US
Posts: 623
I went back and read some of your other posts. Most of them from the last couple years are about a co-worker- is this that same person?
Malin889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2019, 7:54 PM   #8
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malin889 View Post
I went back and read some of your other posts. Most of them from the last couple years are about a co-worker- is this that same person?
Thatís another coworker whoís still at the office.
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I Make a Move or Move On? Looking4One Dating 2 5th April 2016 5:22 PM
Should I wait for her to make up her mind or forget about her and move on? Mid20'ies Second Chances 3 16th June 2015 8:17 AM
To make a move or not to make a move? theediblewoman Dating 0 28th January 2013 1:47 AM
What should I read into this? Should I make another move? MashedPotatoes Dating 4 20th December 2012 11:35 PM
Should he make the first move & can you leave making a move too long? Hungryhorse Dating 2 18th April 2005 6:18 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:16 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.