Lost my friend

I feel like a fool...I posted on here not long ago about liking my friend but i was to scared to come out with it and tell him for risk of losing the friendship. well i had a couple of drinks and got some confidence and told him i liked him and that maybe if he likes me to we could consider looking at seeing each other - he was really bold and even shocked that i would think he could even like me, he told me we're not equal (he feels he is better than me) and his calling on earth is different to mine. he basically ripped me to shreds and made me feel like **** and then he said he wanted to stay friends - i couldn't do that so i ended the friendship. it really wasnt worth it but i did it and accept full responsibility - i lost my friend but such is life, we are now no contact.

You are lucky, without your declaration you might have wasted a lot of time wishing that your relationship could have grown into a committed sexual relationship. You are right to go no contact, now go out and find your next love interest. BTW your x-friend could work on developing his diplomatic skills.

• Like 1

Good lord he was never a true friend. He's arrogant and rude. You don't need someone, who treats you with little respect, to be in your life. He had no regard for your feelings. Telling him you like him, was no sacrifice made at all! IMO it was a blessing that you now have found out how much of a jerk he truly is.

You didn't lose a friend, you got rid of a jerk.

• Like 2

I'm afraid you were just fooled by whatever act this guy has been selling you about what a fantastic person he is. And I think once your emotions get expressed and you cry it out and really think about it, you will realize this guy is pretty much a jerk and how lucky you are you didn't get any further with him. Wow. So sorry he did that -- but you got the last laugh by telling him to bugger off about being friends. You hold your head high and block him every way to Sunday.

• Like 2

Seriously? How could he say this to you? Was he ever mean to you when you were just friends? What makes him think he can act this way? I’m glad you are no contact, he doesn’t deserve you.

This is kind of the worst-case scenario when you confess to someone you're friends with, I guess. Thing is, you didn't even know him well enough to know what a jerk he really is, so I hope that got you over your crush.

It's probably happened to a lot of us. As a rejection, I've been told, "I'm used to ballerinas," (in a ballerina-barren state, mind you) and "I like Greek girls who throw tantrums," (in Texas). That one ended up marrying (in L.A.) a Renaissance Fair gypsy who later divorced him for his drinking.

I had a couple of drinks and got some confidence and told him i liked him.

He was shocked that i would think he could even like me, he told me we're not equal (he feels he is better than me) and his calling on earth is different to mine. he basically ripped me to shreds and made me feel like ****.

I'm sorry, but he wasn't really much of a friend if he said these things to you.

healing light

Yeah, this really is the worst case scenario. I can't imagine anyone who is a decent human being responding that way.

You deserve better. I'm glad you are deciding to move forward without him.