Should I attempt to reconnect with old crush?

About 13 years ago (I was 17) I lived in an apt with my gf and her friend (call her Ana) and Ana’s bf. Both of those relationships ended about a year later. I’ve always had a crush on Ana but never showed it or acted on it. Fast forward 2.5 years ago, Ana sends me a friend request on FB. We messaged and she sent me her # and we were in contact for about a month. Turns out, she moved 10 hours away to another state, had married and divorced. Same with me, I moved 8 hours away and also married and divorced. Our talks never were flirty or anything in nature, she said I could come visit whenever I wanted and she’d show me around the city.

We stopped talking because I tried to reconcile with my very jealous ex. She found our messages and I decided to change my # and delete FB to keep her happy (yes I know that was a mistake)... Shortly after we broke up anyway

Fast forward again to 2 months ago, I got FB again and sent her a friend request and a message. She accepted and I said hi how are you,she said good and you and I said same and whenever you want to talk just message me and she said same here whenever you want to talk just message me and that was it. No messages since then, she did post on my wall for my birthday.

Should I try to get in contact with her again? I don’t want to come off as a creep who messages her if she isn’t interested in talking to me. How do I go about starting a real convo with her?

You won't know unless you try but how much distance is between you now? Not everybody wants an LDR or a "relationship" where you never see the other person. So assuming you start up with her, what's your end game?

• Author

I want to try just not sure how to start the convo....my end game is that I am thinking about relocating to a city 30 min from her for work, I was offered a higher paying job out there

So open with . . . what do you know about {city 30 minutes from her}? Milk her for info about that place. If you go out for a job interview, ask to meet for dinner. Especially if you haven't really seen her since you lived the apartment together you need to get to know her again before you suggest you two start a relationship

There's no guarantees there. It's just like anyone else you know and want to ask out but don't know how interested they are. You just have to do it. Since you're thinking about moving there, why not just wait until you do that so you don't end up in a misleading LDR via text that leads you down a rabbit hole. Just wait and let her know you're coming nearby for a job when you actually decide to do that. Not way ahead and then ask her out once there.