Catching feelings for a guy who was supposed to be just a hook-up/FWB

foreverdancer

foreverdancer

Been seeing him casually since mid September. The funny thing is, we haven’t actually had sex.

We matched on Tinder last year but he was a flake so we didn’t actually meet up. We finally “met” last September through our (unknowing) mutual friend who set us up. Our intent was still hooking up, so we’d usually have drinks (but only end up making out in the car afterwards).

I had exams in October so we agreed to not text or see each other for 3 weeks. By the end of my exams, I was interested in another guy [24M], so I didn’t meet up with [29M] as planned. My law school also had a fundraising event to which [24M] was going, so I didn’t invite [29M] although he brought it up in conversation.

Didn’t talk to [29M] a couple of days before the event, but to my surprise he showed up at the insistence of our mutual friend (I mean, it was an intimate event where 99% of the small crowd were from my small law school, wtf?) But since I was upset upon finding out that night that [24M] was only interested in me as a friend, I ended up spending the night with [29M] at the afterparty like nothing happened. I think he caught me venting to my friends about the other guy a couple of times. But we still had fun together that night.

We ended up together again at another party one week later. It was fun... until I drunkenly showed him the texts of a friend (who likes me, which he knows about) who was in the same place and wanted to see me. He told me “I should go, I don’t want to interfere,” and almost tried to leave, but I told him there’s nothing between me and that friend and he knows that. We went home in separate Ubers, a fact that I only realized upon waking up.

We didn’t talk at all the week after that. But I made the mistake of accidentally drunk texting him “H” (supposed to be hi?) and I never responded. A few days later, I initiated a date (he suggested movies and then coffee). We started texting again and every now and then he’d ask me what my plans were, only for him to end up saying he has no plans. Sometimes it came off as him lamely trying to get ME to make plans.

Got fed up recently because one time he said he’d drop by at the coffee shop where me and our mutual friend were studying, but he didn’t. I ignored his “excuse” message. But the next day he messaged me again asking if I liked Harry Potter (trying to ask me out to watch Fantastic Beasts?). I only replied yes another day later. So we watched the movie and had ice cream afterwards. When he saw me he kissed the top of my head (wtf, trying to win me back so he can keep playing me?) so I froze. And I didn’t kiss him goodbye before I stepped out of his car to go home.

We made plans for Saturday after my classes end but Saturday’s over where I live, and he hasn’t texted me at all. Whatever.

I’m just pissed at myself for allowing myself to feel something for this guy and idk what to do to regain my peace of mind.

I can’t figure out what’s going on but you both seem to have friend zoned each other... maybe go with that for a while. If that’s not what you want, time to move on.

• Like 1