stupid! stupid! stupid!

I did a stupid thing last night...

It was my office day out and I got very drunk and slept with a man I work with.

My only excuse is that I was very, very drunk and I have had a lot of personal issues lately in that my partner left me suddenly after 5 years together and my father died a few days ago. I have been very lonely and grieving the loss of both my ex and my dad and I suppose that with the addition of alcohol, I was very vulnerable and I needed the attention.

I would never had gone near this man at any other time as I am not attracted to him and he is 20 years older than me so I now feel very stupid and embarassed.

We both agreed not to tell anyone but I now feel that I will be walking on eggshells in the office thinking that he may tell someone.

How do you deal with type of situation?

any advice gratefully received, thanks.

A Fly onThe Wall
Originally posted by ladybird

We both agreed not to tell anyone but I now feel that I will be walking on eggshells in the office thinking that he may tell someone.

It's possible he may tell someone but if he does there is nothing you can do about it.

Just don't start anything else with this guy and leave it to the fact that you were vulnerable and made a mistake... It happens ..

If he persues you further make sure you put your foot down .. no means no even in office romances.

elijahBailey
Originally posted by ladybird

How do you deal with type of situation?

any advice gratefully received, thanks.

Listen, we all make mistakes in life. Just let it go. Time will heal :)