Does my now ex bf’s sister know or not know that we broke up? I feel so awkward now

So my bf just recently broke up with me last week. Yesterday I saw his sister just bought a house on Instagram and she always wrote to my stuff and was very friendly with me so I wrote her and told her congratulations you deserve it. She responded with, “YOU deserve everything girl. I’m obsessed with people like you.” Then I said something along the lines that’s very sweet of you thank you although it doesn’t always feel that way. She then said, “You’re so so so amazing and kissy face emojis.” So at this point I’m kind of confused and I just respond by thanking her for always being kind and welcoming when I was around her and her family. Then she never responded?

Did she not know we were broken up or do you think she did? This was such a random conversation and now I feel really awkward/weird. She said all that nice stuff and then doesn’t reply to the last one.

It sounds like she was trying to send goodness your way knowing her brother hurt you with the break up.

It's OK to fade away from people connected to your EX. Doing so will also help you heel

• Like 1
So my bf just recently broke up with me last week. Yesterday I saw his sister just bought a house on Instagram and she always wrote to my stuff and was very friendly with me so I wrote her and told her congratulations you deserve it. She responded with, “YOU deserve everything girl. I’m obsessed with people like you.” Then I said something along the lines that’s very sweet of you thank you although it doesn’t always feel that way. She then said, “You’re so so so amazing and kissy face emojis.” So at this point I’m kind of confused and I just respond by thanking her for always being kind and welcoming when I was around her and her family. Then she never responded?

Did she not know we were broken up or do you think she did? This was such a random conversation and now I feel really awkward/weird. She said all that nice stuff and then doesn’t reply to the last one.

I think you are being hyper-vigilant now that you are hurting. You're reading into things.

Does it really matter if she knows or not? Were you hoping for her to say something in hopes that you could lean on her or obtain information?

You thanked her for the compliment/response and appreciated her families support. Maybe she didn't say anything more because it's a sensitive subject now that you two are broken up. Maybe she didn't want to touch that part of the conversation because she did not want to get involved. Maybe she didn't want to be put in a situation where she would have to take sides. Maybe she didn't see a need to respond.

Try to get yourself off social media for awhile. These are triggers you need to stay away from so that you can rest your mind, heart and heal.

• Like 2