What's the meaning of a long and tight hug?

A guy gave me a hug that was close and gentle, but then he pulled me in even closer and breathed out. He buried his head by my neck and then rested his head over my shoulder.

He needs to ask you out before he gets much more physical! Putting his head in your neck....never gone out on a date, I presume or you'd know he liked you. See if he asks you out and don't just let him get physical and play you right into bed -- unless sex is all you want.

• 3 weeks later...
todreaminblue

how did you feel when he hugged you that way?....yes i also would assume he likes you...its a bit much for a guy who you dont know well though, who hasnt declared feelings for you i mean.....its pretty intimate......deb

I LOVE to hug the people I care about the most in my life with a long, tight hug, and a good squeeze at the end of it! There is no better greeting or way to end the night with someone you care about but whom you may not be intimate with-I put a lot of exuberance into mine. I can't help but express my happiness and love that way.

It sounds very intimate, and since you aren't her family member, then I think she feels safe and happy around you and likes you!