am i second choice?

Beautywithin

So someone at work iv'e been friends with for a while, (he became single when we started talking) I'm also single, he always seemed more interested in my friend who works with me, as i guess she more confident and flirty, at first i was not interested i had a EA with someone last yr and didn't feel ready to start seeing someone else, anyway a month later he asked me to meet up with him one night, which i did, we just spoke for about 2 hrs, from this i still felt i couldn't work him out, to me it was like he was saying things i wanted to hear but give him (the benefit of the doubt), we meet 4 more times.. on the 4th meeting we kissed, after that i backed off a bit and tried avoiding him a bit as i felt my head was a mess still from the EA, anyway over the last couple of months he has texted me every now and again, saying he misses me, i do think of him quiet often, but still feel i can't work him out and when i feel i do, he does something that makes me think otherwise, he came into work Saturday both me and my friend where working and he stared at her and said hello she went over and they were flirting, when its just me there he obviously instantly looks over at me and smiles, like i said before he showed more of an interest in her at first and to me its like because she isn't that interested he has moved on to me..

he wants to see me again, and even though i do now like him.. i cant help but think he just is gunna use me.

Edited by Beautywithin
Telemachus

You said you're friends. If you're friends, none of the rest is important. The facts that you're jealous of his attention given to your co-worker and that you're concerned about him using you mean that you aren't nearly as friendly toward each other as you claim.

Forget romance with this guy. Just be work colleagues (the point of work is to get paid for meeting organizational and client objectives, not flirting), and try to be better friends. You seem to be failing as friends, which indicates poor prospects for success at anything more intimate and personal.

Yes, he's going to just use you and he hasn't even the courtesy not to conceal that it's the other women he really would prefer, right in front of you. Say no to this guy.