Coworker/Friend is there something more?

[font=arial][/font][color=darkblue][/color]

Hi everyone new here. I hope I can find some opinions on my situation.

I have this guy who I work with and we have always been friends. There have been times where we have talked at work after our shifts end and realize we have been talking for 3 hours. Recently we have been talking a great deal more. So much more that we even have eachothers phone numbers and talk outside of work. We will call eachother for the silliest things and then be on the phone for hours. We had one time that we were talking and the next thing we knew it was 6 hours later. During all this time of more talking I have found I have a huge crush on him. I am attracked to him emotionally and physically. I have asked him on many occasions to come and hang out and he as but other than at work we really have never been 1 on 1 so I am not sure how he feels about me. I feel if he didn't have any interest he wouldn't call me or accept my invitations to do things. I have asked him out to dinner (just us) but unfortunatly it didn't work out due to him having to be stuck at work. At first I thought when he said he didn't feel like eating late that he was making an excuse but then he ended up being at work very late I understood. If he had said yes we would have been having dinner at 1am! After he left work & went home though he called me and then we were on the phone for 2 hours. How do I know if he is interested in me like I am interested in him? I feel that if he no interest he would blow me off but I also feel maybe he just wants a freindship. Then there are other times I feel he is flirting and wants more. Any suggestions or insight? :bunny:

curiousnycgirl

I live by the old motto "you don't sh*t where you eat" why do so many folks on this board contemplate dating people they work with? It is a recipe for disaster!!!!!

Why can't you just enjoy his friendship?

icouldrelate

I could relate. I am in the same boat.

Since you both seemed to talk to each other on the phone a lot, why don't you just ask him directly?

I'm on the opposite boat. I see the guy often (either he would come visit me or I would go visit him, and we do "group" hangouts, but we don't have these 1-1 phone calls (so signs are good for you)

It sounds like he's interested. I think you should ask him before you fall deeper for him, so you'll know if he's interested in you as a friend or something more. The better you become friends with him, the harder it'll be to move it from friendship to more. It'll save you some heartache too. Trust me on this.