He didn't mention his gf

For two years, I've hung out with a group of friends from college. One of the friends in my group, I've liked him for that long. Whenever asked if he had a gf, he would change the subject or lie.

Through the years, I felt a vibe between us because he'd always look into my eyes a lot and smile a lot with me. We just sort of click. There are those moments but we never acted on it by saying or doing something. He once asked if I liked his friend and made me answer. I tried to be neutral and say his friend was ok, but he kept bothering me till I said yes or no. He looked happy when I rejected another friend of ours who liked me.We just look at each other a lot too. However he doesn't start conversations, through messages, with me but will try to keep the conversation going when i want to leave. So there is evidence he may or even may not have interest in me.

These past months he wasn't responding much to me. And he wasn't hanging out so much with the group. Though, he did complain about not being invited when a friend and I went out.

It wasn't till last week that I saw him out with his gf. His head was on her shoulder. They were couple like. I had a feeling that they'd been together for a nice minute. Finally he saw me, so I said hi. But the gf was so clueless to us knowing each other. He was watching how I act and would smirk at me while her mind was off elsewhere.

Some part of me felt relieved. He never made an actual move on me though he always kept a sharp eye on me. There are many things that subtly said he liked me. Others noticed. But at the same time, there were boundaries. I find myself so confused.

Is the vibe between us in my head? Why wouldn't he just simply mention his gf? I would have respected the boundaries and ignored the vibe.

you probably didn't imagine the vibe. some guys, even in committed relationships, like to keep their 'options" open. I'm glad you didn't get caught up in his web.

respect yourself to know you deserve a guy who wants only you.