keeping it light

I just recently ment someone through a friend and his own mom. Im 28 and he is 23, but age doesnt mean anything. We have went out a few times and really enjoyed each others company. We text just about everyday but we keep it short. He is a very busy man with work and family. But when I ask him to do something he either has to work over time or is doing something with his family in which is ok. I asked him why is he playing hard to get. He stated he wasn't and he is just keeping it light. What does that mean?

It means he only wants to be bothered when it's convenient for him & he doesn't have anything better going on. Sorry.

Withdrawing a little and keeping it light has its own benefits.

I am in a situation now were I see a friend every now and then. She is still processing feelings for her guy who may or may not return. Right now she is in a place were she needs to be single, and I respect that. In fact, I love her more as my friend for being so forthcoming about how she really feels. She knows I crush on her sometimes but we get through that with little difficulty now that everything is out in the open.

The feeling I have when I am with her is beyond words. Never in my life have I felt such ease with someone. But that care for her is what gives me the energy to do the right thing and give her space to decide what she wants in life as a young woman. They have a kid together. It might be better that they stay as a family! I have dealt with that and I am ok with it. I know I might lose her someday but I have manned up and dealt with that as well.

It is one of the most unique and mysterious relationships in my whole life up to now...She has helped me in so many ways. But when I spend the night with her, the next day it is back to my life and not obsessing about her....because that would damage the beautifull thing we have now and would just make it hard to exist in general.

chimpanA-2-chimpanZ

It means he isn't interested. You need to respect that. Also, age may not matter to you, but 23 and 28 are pretty different stages in life. I would not date a 23-year-old now and I would not have dated a 28-year-old then.

Keeping it light equals- slow and steady.Keeping option opens (not necessarily other partners but life choices in general)