FWB wont pick back up

az_sassafras

I broke things off with my FWB because I started actually seeing someone. I told him nothing is set in stone, just an FYI. Things didn't work out as I was hoping with the new person and I want to go back to my FWB. My FWB and I have been friends for a year and we're actually really close. He wants to still be my friend but he says he doesn't want to continue with the benefits anymore, even tho I'm no longer pursuing anyone and he isn't seeing anyone. He won't really elaborate on why, things between us were so satisfying, so I'm not understanding the issue. I don't want to lose out twice. Is there anything I can do to pick this back up?

It's possible he felt hurt about your dismissal and doesn't want to go through it again. Or he just reevaluated the situation and found it to be lacking, for him.

Either way, there's not a lot you can do. Try and ask him why, but don't push too much.

Smarty Pants
I broke things off with my FWB because I started actually seeing someone. I told him nothing is set in stone, just an FYI. Things didn't work out as I was hoping with the new person and I want to go back to my FWB. My FWB and I have been friends for a year and we're actually really close. He wants to still be my friend but he says he doesn't want to continue with the benefits anymore, even tho I'm no longer pursuing anyone and he isn't seeing anyone. He won't really elaborate on why, things between us were so satisfying, so I'm not understanding the issue. I don't want to lose out twice. Is there anything I can do to pick this back up?

If they were so satisfying, why did you start seeing someone else?

He probably felt it was satisfying too and probably thought of you as more than FWB. Now that you walked away, he might just be protecting himself.

If that's the case, I wouldn't push him. Just respect his decision and continue to be friends. Like you said before, nothing is set in stone so you guys could pick back up in the future.

ohiosportsguy

He may may be dating someone and doesn't want to tell you or you may have hurt him so bad that he just can't stand the thought of being with you and doesn't want to get close again.