When a guy says "We're soulmates" what does that usually mean?

Hey all! Thanks for answering my last question, but here's a new one, haha. I am just wondering about it, and since a lot of seem intelligent, I would like your input! :)

Ok, I know what it might mean, but I am just curious as to what others think. If a guy or a girl says "We're soulmates" and says "I love you" everytime you see them, what does that usually mean? When a guy says that is there an ulterior motive? Or is it sincere?

I have been friends with this guy and our chemistry is outstanding, but I don't know if it's my insecurities or if he's playing me or if he is being sincere when he says "We're soulmates" granted he said that only one time, but he says "I love you" everytime he sees me. He always makes a point of that. I guess I just don't know if it's sincere or not, I mean I have an idea of what it could be, but what makes a guy say that to a girl? What makes anyone say that to someone in general? Any thoughts? Please comment! I am curious for everyones opinions, thank you!

• Like 1

Soulmate could mean he may have deep feelings for you that have not surfaced yet. If I were you I would get to the root of it and find out whats there, it may surprise you (in a good way).;)

• Like 1
mercuryshadow

If a guy said those things to me so often, it would seem too nonchalant to me to perceive it as some partially veiled romantic message. I did have a (gay) male friend who thought very highly of me and told me he loved me... I think your male friend may indeed care very much for you, and yes, possibly love you, but in a non-romantic way. The soulmates comment was perhaps him noting that you have a great connection.

• Like 2
what makes a guy say that to a girl?

Co-dependence?

Sorry, I have an aversion to the whole idea of "soulmates".

I guess it depends on how evolved your relationship is. If you are best friends, know each other well, have worked through most major areas of disagreement, and are really enjoying life together, then I think he would just be saying "It's obvious we are great together."

But if you are still in honeymoon phase and you haven't shared all of your true self with him yet, then it doesn't mean much. Simply that he has strong feelings for you.

• Like 1

Oh I just read that you aren't even dating this guy and he is saying this to you.

NO IDEA what he means by it, but that is very odd, and I wouldn't read any deep meaning into it.

• Like 2
The Like Fairy
If a guy or a girl says "We're soulmates" and says "I love you" everytime you see them, what does that usually mean? When a guy says that is there an ulterior motive? Or is it sincere?

Sounds to me as if he is just working on buttering you up to get the panties to drop.

There is no reason for him to be saying this to you if you are not dating and not in a relationship.

• Like 2
  • Author
If a guy said those things to me so often, it would seem too nonchalant to me to perceive it as some partially veiled romantic message. I did have a (gay) male friend who thought very highly of me and told me he loved me... I think your male friend may indeed care very much for you, and yes, possibly love you, but in a non-romantic way. The soulmates comment was perhaps him noting that you have a great connection.

He only said it one time...he says he loves all the time though. He has tried to put the moves on me, but you could be right...he could not like me in a non romantic way, thanks for your input though!

• Author
Sounds to me as if he is just working on buttering you up to get the panties to drop.

There is no reason for him to be saying this to you if you are not dating and not in a relationship.

Right! I kinda sabotaged the dating though. Cause there was a time when he was asking me out a lot, but I kept rejecting him, (I will explain if you want me to) it's just a load of drama, bull****, lol. Thanks!

• Like 1