falling yet running out of time

Hey Guys,

I used to be a frequent poster in the breakup section of the forums... I had a bad experience a little more than a year ago that left me heart broken and confused for 8 months.

Well first off, Im glad to say that I am better thanks to the help of some of the major contributors to the site. It really did help and i can say that I have healed. Though I couldnt force myself to go No Contact, When my body and mind finally gave up trying, I began to make progress.

So for the past year and a half, I have been pretty closed off. I am in college. I am in a fraternity. And there are many opportunities around me. yet, I have been extremely picky, Its probbably because I am a little afraid of getting hurt again, and my ego is still a little shot...

HOWEVER, two weeks ago I met a girl. We knew each other before, but never formally met.

and it kicked off right away. She goes everywhere I invite her, and during a party I finally got the nerve to kiss her (I know sounds so middle school, but bare with me).

So we have made out a few times, walked her home and shes kissed me goodbye, Im sad to say though, that I might be to afraid to take it further, as there has been many opportunities.. yet I am a little confused on what I TRULY want.

For example, there has been many girls who have approached me, yet I never close... not because I dont want too, but because I feel like i cant?

I digress though.

I do like this girl, and I would pursue my feelings, as I feel like she has some as well, but she is leaving this school at the end of the year and going somewhere else.... basically, we have about 5 weeks left..

I know friends with benefits never work... but it is nice to have someone around again, I want to ask her to coffee and try to 'kiss' her when i walk her home... but she may be afraid of commitment as she is leaving soon, just how I am afraid of falling hard, when i know there is an end in sight.

Im rambling off here.... Its just funny, I am super anxious about this... this is how i felt during my beak up, MINUS the heart break and sadness...

Tell her your feelings and tell her u want to go farther and u want her to wait for u when she leaves. Keep in contact. The wait will be worth it. It sounds like ur both falling. Let it happen. Dont let one bad experience ruin an amazing chance. My gf almost let a bad experience with her ex and almost let it ruin her life (literally) but instead she started dating me and she has totally forgot about her ex. Go get that girl. It will be worth it.