Is it possible that he will never get over her?

singme2sleep

I've only been in love once before, so I need other opinions. Is it possible to never get over someone you deeply loved but they broke your heart and didn't look back? Is it possible to never move on and just want them for the rest of your life? Can a person truly not ever be capable of loving again?

It's possible they will never completely get over them, but most people, even if they carry a torch forever, will find someone else to love. And most men will certainly put the desire to have sex above whatever urge they have to become a monk and forever mourn their lost love.

• Author
singme2sleep

I keep telling him he's too young to give up but he says his heart doesn't have the capacity to love again. It's almost a year since his breakup and he still loves her...I don't get it. This woman didn't deserve him and she proved that by leaving. I care about him a lot, but I am running out of things to say & ways to help him. And as far as sex goes, he claims it will never be as good as it was with her. Is he going to feel this way forever? He's only 27!

Edited by singme2sleep
TigerLilly78

Yea I know this feeling some stupid selfish cow decides to hurt/use them then dumps them like yesterdays trash yet they still pine for her? Mean time you think he's amazing and would give anything for a genuine shot? Yea all you can do is shake your head..

Worse is part of me is glad she did what she did cause it opens the door in a way. Yet another part of me is sad cause you hate to see them so hurt! its a catch 22 feeling.

All you can do is be there for them ether they are going to realize what they have in front of them now or there not in time you will know its up to you how long you want to wait..

• Like 1
  • Author
singme2sleep
Yea I know this feeling some stupid selfish cow decides to hurt/use them then dumps them like yesterdays trash yet they still pine for her? Mean time you think he's amazing and would give anything for a genuine shot? Yea all you can do is shake your head..

Worse is part of me is glad she did what she did cause it opens the door in a way. Yet another part of me is sad cause you hate to see them so hurt! its a catch 22 feeling.

All you can do is be there for them ether they are going to realize what they have in front of them now or there not in time you will know its up to you how long you want to wait..

Exactly!! You took the words right out of my mouth. I do have feelings for him but more than that I just want him to be okay. His state of mind is so emotionally unhealthy and I'm worried he's going to spend the rest of his life pining for her and missing out on life.

It takes me years to even begin to get over someone, so it's different for everyone. Right now, all you should be doing with him is getting him out of the house going somewhere and doing physical activities out of his environment because he's probably depressed. Just face it that he's not going to be ready to love yet and stop trying but if you can stand it, be a friend and make him get out and go to movies, the zoo, concerts, bowling, whatever because filling your head with other things does help crowd out obsessive thoughts some.

shinealight

You can love again I mean I liked my best friend for a year and still like her but I am finding it hard to get over her it's even harder by the fact she had an affair with me but ruined it all and now I am stuck in the middle of it all. You will get there trust me!

• Author
singme2sleep
You can love again I mean I liked my best friend for a year and still like her but I am finding it hard to get over her it's even harder by the fact she had an affair with me but ruined it all and now I am stuck in the middle of it all. You will get there trust me!

Thank you but I'm not the one who needs convincing, my friend is.

TigerLilly78

Affairs tend to ruin a lot of things not to mention marriages..just saying!. Not to sure how you meant that but yea..