Dated my best friend; now I regret it.

Excuse me if I am doing this incorrectly. It's my first time posting.

I've been on and off friends with this guy for years and we always had fun with each other. I considered him the closest friend I had because I normally don't open up to people easily. He told me that he loved me and I just couldn't ignore that so I decided to go out with him to explore us because if we were such good friends, being a couple shouldn't have been too hard. I didn't want to lose him as a friend. A couple days into the relationship, when we were hanging out, he took my virginity. I had repeatedly said no and told him that I wasn't ready but I guess his lust deafened him and he overpowered me. I originally didn't put much value on my virginity, and I had no idea what to do in this situation. I tend to shut off my emotions when something traumatic happens so it wasn't until a while later that I broke down and admitted to myself what had happened. I feel dirty. I broke it off with him but even now he will not leave me alone. He'll trap me in corners at school and try to kiss me or sit next to me and touch me in class. He still thinks he's my best friend and that there's a chance that there'll be an us in the future. I don't know what to do. Do I throw what friendship we had away? As a friend, he was fun. As a boyfriend, he had been possessive, jealous, and considered what he wanted as what I wanted also. He also stalked my social media pages and got jealous about someone I'd been talking to. I am terrified of hurting him. I am terrified of him. I need advice on how I should handle this situation or how you would handle it. He's always there and won't be ignored. I don't know what to do.

HokeyReligions

It sounds like you are describing rape. Call a rape crisis center now. You can Google one in your area. Talk to the police, a pastor, school counselor or your parents. Under no circumstances " hang out" with him.

Your school Principal and your parents - at the very least - need to know you are afraid of him. Now. A rape crisis center can help you define rape and help you figure out how to handle the situation

• Like 5

you did the right thing by breaking it off immediately. do your very best to continue with that and do not allow contact with him at any time. seek out a parent, principal, teacher - someone older who can assist you with the situation. there might be ways to handle his behavior now so that he isn't harassing you further. and don't feel any guilt or shame over what happened; you trusted a very close friend and they took advantage of the situation. the best thing to do now is find someone (adult) to tell so you have support. it'll feel so much better when someone knows and can help you.

Excuse me if I am doing this incorrectly. It's my first time posting.

I've been on and off friends with this guy for years and we always had fun with each other. I considered him the closest friend I had because I normally don't open up to people easily. He told me that he loved me and I just couldn't ignore that so I decided to go out with him to explore us because if we were such good friends, being a couple shouldn't have been too hard. I didn't want to lose him as a friend. A couple days into the relationship, when we were hanging out, he took my virginity. I had repeatedly said no and told him that I wasn't ready but I guess his lust deafened him and he overpowered me. I originally didn't put much value on my virginity, and I had no idea what to do in this situation. I tend to shut off my emotions when something traumatic happens so it wasn't until a while later that I broke down and admitted to myself what had happened. I feel dirty. I broke it off with him but even now he will not leave me alone. He'll trap me in corners at school and try to kiss me or sit next to me and touch me in class. He still thinks he's my best friend and that there's a chance that there'll be an us in the future. I don't know what to do. Do I throw what friendship we had away? As a friend, he was fun. As a boyfriend, he had been possessive, jealous, and considered what he wanted as what I wanted also. He also stalked my social media pages and got jealous about someone I'd been talking to. I am terrified of hurting him. I am terrified of him. I need advice on how I should handle this situation or how you would handle it. He's always there and won't be ignored. I don't know what to do.

Talk to your parents, go to the police.... not only he raped you but he harrases you also. This kind of things can leave emtional scars that will close hard.