Serious case of oneitis

mrbrightside14

mrbrightside14

I have never had such severe oneitis in my life... I'm a 25 y.o. male who got friend-zoned by a girl several years older after seeing her for like 5-6 weeks. At first, I thought things were going very well. We used to touch and kiss each other a lot, and she used to compliment me on how "funny and handsome" I was, etc. Now she wants to stay friends "for now" because she "does not wanna date anyone at the moment because she hasn't fully gotten over her ex, and something really bad happened to the guy." Whenever a girl mentioned the word "friend," I used to cut all of my ties with her. I usually say to myself, "Who the f does she think is? I've dated and hooked up with plenty of girls so far, and there are more girls out there who want me. I ain't got no time for someone like you." However, this girl is my absolute favorite out of all the girls I've met in my life thus far, and I just can't seem to get over her! I really do believe she's one of a kind. There are many girls out there I would like to have sex with, but she's the only one I enjoy spending time with. I started talking to new girls, but I seem to think about her constantly. I decreased the frequency of seeing her, but we still hold hands and show signs of affection to each other whenever I see her. Part of me says she's the one, part of me says I should run away. I feel so conflicted... What do I do?

I have never had such severe oneitis in my life... I'm a 25 y.o. male who got friend-zoned by a girl several years older after seeing her for like 5-6 weeks. At first, I thought things were going very well. We used to touch and kiss each other a lot, and she used to compliment me on how "funny and handsome" I was, etc. Now she wants to stay friends "for now" because she "does not wanna date anyone at the moment because she hasn't fully gotten over her ex, and something really bad happened to the guy." Whenever a girl mentioned the word "friend," I used to cut all of my ties with her. I usually say to myself, "Who the f does she think is? I've dated and hooked up with plenty of girls so far, and there are more girls out there who want me. I ain't got no time for someone like you." However, this girl is my absolute favorite out of all the girls I've met in my life thus far, and I just can't seem to get over her! I really do believe she's one of a kind. There are many girls out there I would like to have sex with, but she's the only one I enjoy spending time with. I started talking to new girls, but I seem to think about her constantly. I decreased the frequency of seeing her, but we still hold hands and show signs of affection to each other whenever I see her. Part of me says she's the one, part of me says I should run away. I feel so conflicted... What do I do?

Run. I've heard this line before. What its really code for is, I found another guy I like better and I'm hoping you'll leave me alone so I won't have to actually reject you. I wouldn't be surprised if she is seeing another guy or has a boyfriend in 2 weeks. The whole for now thing comes with if it doesn't work out she might go back to you. This opinion may seem negative, but I only speak from others experiences. If she is really worth it completely, then stick around and chill. Do not deprive yourself of other women because you are afraid she won't like like you anymore. This only works if you are looking else where while you are waiting on her, otherwise you lose.