Drinking a truth serum?

I thought I would get different opinions and views on the topic of "truthful drunks." Does anyone think it's a truth serum?

I have a very close male friend, who everytime he's drunk, when I am round tells me how much he loves me, how I am the perfect girl etc etc. When I am not around, calls to tell me how much he loves me, etc etc. He never recalls what he says to me and swears when he's drunk he's truthful. I have never told him what he says to me or does when he's drunk maybe because I am afraid he'll deny it and play it off. But, it has been consistant for 10 months now.

When he's sober though, it's , I love you as a friend. It's honestly, the most confusing thing I have ever delt with. There have been times when he's been drinking, that his best friend has told me that he always talks about me and wonders what I am doing when he's not with me and how much it bothers him. He always gets very angry at his friend for telling me this. Not too sure why...any thoughts?

Confused.

Beyond getting involved with an alcoholic, a depressed central nervous system does not insure a 'truth' pathway.

Behavior seems to indicate immaturity. Make decision based on sober reflection, not blotto ramblings.

Consider AA.

Booze'll make you feel so mellow you think you love the world and you'll say so. Truth lives in the clear light of sobriety.

Samantha16

Some people do say the truth when they're drunk, but it's dramatically exagerated. Alcohol is not a truth serum. It does give you the guts to do things you wouldn't normally do, but it doesn't mean you're spilling your true feelings out. Plus in most cases there are bad drunks and happy drunks. Bad drunks are the ones who will start fights for nothing or get really depressed and tell you how their life is crap, happy drunks can get touchy-feely and tell you how you've always been their best friend or how much they love you.