Do I have a shot?

BlueeyesChoco

BlueeyesChoco

Hello all. My first time here. Hopefully some of you can help me out with this question.

I am in my 20's and i always been very paranoid about women. Let me rephrase that, i have no problem talking to them and becoming friends with them. It's when the law of attraction is that i am very paranoid about. Mostly because of some traumatizing attraction scenarios while growing up that turned me off to the whole dating idea. So i tended to avoid all that for a number of years because to be honest, i didn't really trust women and their actions. In my mind, i am always thinking "why is she doing this and what does she want from me?" Again, paranoia and stuff.

So let me start out with the story i am about to tell.

I started this new job. It's been 4 months now. I like it a lot so far. People are awesome to work with.

One day, i noticed her come in for the first time. I for one could not stop staring at her. Never done that before because i thought love at first sight was the stupidest thing ever. So i am in awe of her beauty.

While i am trying my best to focus on work. Every chance i get i look over at her. Making it freaking obvious by this time.

So on my other shift, i work a shift with one of her friends. To pass the time because of pure boredom we just start chit chatting about everyday things. Movies, tv shows, books, music, the usual stuff. I mention i am huge fan of the show Lost.

Then my next shift, the girl who i kept on staring at, i shall name her Destiny lol. Destiny goes to sign in and she says "Hey i hear you like the show Lost. Tell me about it." I proceed to talk about the show to her. Later on in the shift, when i am with a customer. I'm having a problem with the transaction (newbie here), so i ask for some help. SHe comes over quickly and positions herself close to me (breaking my personal bubble zone) and i have not way of moving out the way. So basically i am right by her with only one inch of freedom (which i don't mind). I say some stupid narnia joke, she laughs. Later on, Destiny goes for her break. I notice in the background some weird ass music that sounds like a high school band. I go to check it out and when i open the door, she enter at the same time. She stand's there with the biggest smile on her face.

Plus, every time she see's me, she asks me questions like where i am from, what i like to do and what i like to read.

One more thing, my name is very hard to pronounce. So a lot of people can't say my name right. I don't mind. But she took the time to get it right.

So it may be my mind playing tricks on me, but i want to here other's people opinion on this matter. What do you all think?

magnoliasoutherly

I'd say yes, you have a shot. I do agree though that you'll never know if you don't ask.

Rejection can be hard, but just laugh it off with a joke. The most common reaction I've heard is "well you can't blame a guy for trying."

Oh and by the way, Lost rocked... except for the end. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Ask her out...

BUT also I would say you need to tackle that side of you that doesn't trust women. Maybe it's time to figure out why and how to get over it? It will make you much happier to not be feeling like women are trying to f**k you over.