Embracing a new lifestyle.

Michelle Danvers.

Michelle Danvers.

At the age of 33 I was in a relationship that was going nowhere, with a husband who wanted out of his ball-and-chain role. After six-and-a-half years, I knew that he wanted out, and I was more than willing to comply. I was honest with myself and with my husband at the time, and confessed to him that I knew he was going to leave.

That was more than a year before he actually left. One month after he left, I was in chat rooms, just looking for some companionship. I wanted someone to talk with who could hold an interesting conversation. Almost everyone whom I did chat with was only looking to "cyber," so I wasn't really interested in continuing to talk to them.

However, I kept finding myself back in chat rooms, looking for the one conversation that didn't imply that I was just looking for cybersex : I worked nights and usually didn't get home until the afternoon, so I was tired anyway. Finally I saw a screen name that looked interesting, so I sent an Instant Message. Most of our views on life were the same, and we chatted about books, movies, food, kids--everything. After we had chatted for about 6 hours, I found out that he lived in my state. I was willing to meet him. Surprise ! It was a SHE ! What a pleasant surprise !!! and from that meeting issued a long relationship. We are together now and love each other deeply. She is the person I was looking for. I believe that there is that one person out there for everyone. I took a chance and found my true love.

My family is not so understanding. I dont know what to do about that.