How to end this cycle - I want out of this.

durkadurka

Hi guys,

On and off for the last 4-5 years I've had a thing for a friend of mine, likewise, she has a thing for me.

The problem is she's a flake, it's not really going anywhere, despite the fact that she likes me, and I just move to New York for 3 months. I thought this would be a really good opportunity to break things off and make a clean break.

The last few weeks between us has been tough, about 3 weeks ago, she had a bit of a sit down and said she still has a really big crush on me, really wants to date be, but on the other hand, she's having people over to her house and I'm not being invited because one her guy friends likes her, and it pisses him off when I'm around.

The day before I left we started chatting about things and basically she admitted that she's self involved, selfish, and she isn't very complimentary or kind to me, and that I'm probably under appreciated. I'd never really thought about it that way, since I do have a lot of fun with her when I see her.

I'm wondering how I should go about doing this. Obviously the natural distance will pull us apart, which in a way, might be a blessing. On the other hand though, maybe I owe it to her to talk to her about it...

What are your guys thoughts?

east coast edward

Distance over time is the only separator.

Perhaps the strategy should be to arrange to meet before you go, and be blunt. The trouble is that if she is playing games, she'll recognise this and completely short-circuit it by drawing you in.

I've tried distance by working away, but the lure was always there, and I couldn't help sending flowers. As the heat of the Southern US gave way to a long flight and the familiar sights of the buildings along the Bath Road, and the 23cm radar hear turning on its concrete plinth, I just gave way to temptation. The 285 bus took me to Feltham Station and the subsequent meeting, though nice, has probably led me to experience the most tense and depressing 10 days of my life. Still no resolution.....

So, please, so it. Tell her, kindly but firmly, but talk....