I want her and past guys have hurt her, how do I convince her to take a chance again?

Hi, my real name is Alan. I am very much interested in this woman named Larissa. To me, she is the total package. We have fairly meaningful conversations and share many personal details. We get along fine and have that connection, but no fireworks yet. She has had so called men in the past hurt her as well as more recently. I am not being pushy or obvious and she does know my desires. Despite all of our communicating I just can't get past the friends level. I want to, she is not sure because she is afraid that she will be hurt again. So my question is how do I convince her, assure her, or get her to believe that I am for real and not just messing around. Forme this is really important. She is the first legit woman I have met in years. I have a hard time dating and meeting women and I don't want to give up on this until I have exhausted all possible options.

Thanx to you all who respond, I very much appreciate it.

• 4 weeks later...

You show by example. First of all, your headline mentioned "I want her". A person isn't a possession to be had; maybe that's what the other guys thought, but you'll have to be different. Accept where she's at. The slowest must lead the dance.

There's another site that mentions that the "slowest must lead". But you can still lead by example, and be a trusted friend to her, show her all men aren't after one thing. But you have to make sure that's not the case for you as well.