Reading Too Much Into It?

Hi please help,

The guy that i'm interested in has a 16 year age gap from me. I'm now 17. I had met him through work and even after i left that job we have continued to be friends. We continue to grow closer everytime we are together. We have never kissed on the mouth or anything but there were times when we were close. I can also hang out with his co workers and one of his best friends really well. I still haven't met many more of his other social friends but i did meet his brother.

My big problem is that about two to three months after we met we had discussion about my felelings for him and he had rejected me because of our age difference. Since then though we just got even closer as friends. And i had told him that i was already over him when i really wasn't so things wouldn't be akward between the both of us.The thing is that he confuses me with mixed signals. He would at times flirt with me. Sometimes subtly and not so subtly. There are alos times when i talk about other guys and he would look a little bit angry like he was jealous or something. I know him well enough now to tell when he's not happy. We would also hold hands, hold each other around the waist basically people would mistake us for a couple if they didn't know us.

I know that there is chemistry between us. We understand each other all the time so well. When one of us says something that would confuse someone else, the other one would just get it. We also share similar goals in life too and are definitely interested in the same things. Most of my family knows that i like a guy who is so much older. They tease me and just tell me to be careful. I know that they would accept it after awhile if we did get serious.

I'm scared about confronting him about my feelings since we had already discussed it but that was almost a year ago and so much has changed since then. Am i reading too much into it his actions though? I really don't want to make the same mistake twice. Or is he just bidding his time for me to get older? I know it wouldn't be legal but when i go out no one can tell how old i am. Is there going to be anything between us when i do get older? I know i will change but i really do love him and know that won't change.

Thank you for listening. :)

Ephemeral

I would question why a 33 year-old man has any interest in a 17 year-old girl in the first place. He's even told you that he is too old for one thing.

You are just embarking on the most exciting time of your life. Are you still in highschool? Do you have another year yet? Don't you wonder why a grown man would have interest in such a young girl?

Maybe what you are perceiving as love is really just a heavy crush on an older man. He isn't going to turn his back on you because you most likely feed his ego. I mean, what guy in his 30's wouldn't be flattered that a teenage girl has a crush on him?

I'm sure you both probably relate well, but in the long run, he has done a lot of livin' that you are yet to see; not to mention that you're still jailbate until you're 18.

I also wonder why he's not involved with someone closer to his own age; or even married by now, or is he?

Bottom line, I think he probably doesn't want to hurt your feelings, but at the same time, you're "falling in love" with a man that is most likely not feeling the same.