Any Chance?

I expressed interest in a girl, but she doesn't feel ready to enter a relationship at the moment, saying that being in a relationship is a completely different ballgame from being friends. After this, the girl continues to contact me daily, talking to me, going out etc. Am I just filling a void in her life? And at times, it kinds of hurt when she keeps indicating her urge for a fling...

Is there anyway I could change the girl's mind, to give it a chance? Since she came from a bad breakup last year, and clearly isn't completely over it. She seemed to have lost her trust in guys, and looks at them being untrustworthy. I presume other than being there when she needs me to, there's little else to be done?

You can't change her mind. All you can do is be there. And if you get tired of being emotionally jerked around, you should walk away. You don't deserve anything but the best from everyone in your life. And if you have different interests, there is no point sticking around. She isn't ready and you aren't going to make her get more ready.

[color=indigo]

The situation is not hopeless but I wouldn't push the issue right now. She did the right thing by telling you that she wasn't ready for a committed relationship. She probably sees what a great guy you are and wants to continue to date you with no strings attached. Maybe when she's ready, she has you in mind.

In the meantime, you need to determine whether you want to wait for her or simply move on to someone else who IS ready. If it would help things, talk to her about her intentions and whether or not she does have you in mind. If not, then you already know to move on. Good luck!

[/color]

Yeah, I figured.... After her last break up, she justs feels another relationship will end in disaster, or something... Just gotta hang in there for the moment I presume, and move on when its right!