Awkward situation

There's this girl that I worked with for 2 years and got to know pretty well. We hung out a lot, saw a lot of movies, went out for drinks, etc. The weird thing is, she's older than I am by about 5-6 years, and while she's well into the working world and has finished grad school, I have just finished college.

I really like this girl, or at least I feel there's some real connection there, but at the same time, I'm afraid to make a move or really express how I feel. I sort of get the feeling that she likes me too, but at the same time, I guessing that since she's older she's looking for someone permanent and/or feels awkward about the age difference. I'd have no problem being up for something serious, but I'm afraid that no matter what I say I'll wind up

a) making things really awkward and ruining the good friendship

b) not being able to convince her that I would be able to keep/cultivate such a relationship

I hung out with her on New Year's Eve and it seemed like things were going really well, but she was really drunk and although we had a lot of fun at the party we were at I didn't really feel that it was the right time to make a move. Maybe I screwed up by making that decision, maybe I didn't; I don't know. However, I really do need advice as to how to proceed from here, so anything you guys could offer would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tiger be up front.

A. I would write her a letter and read it to her. Word it something like this.

We have been good friends for a couple of years now. And I can't tell you how much your friendship means to me. I have been extremely attracted to you for a while now but am worried that our friendship would suffer if we both didn't feel the same. So I wanted to put myself out there and let you know that if your feelings aren't the same as mine. I would want you to tell me up front and I won't pursue the subject any further. You and Your friendship mean the world to me and I would never do anything to jeopardize it.

If A is successful. Move on to B

B.Tell her that you wanted to make a move but because she drank to much you felt that it would be taking advantage of her. Not to mention if you were going to make a move you would want her knowing exactly what she was doing.

neveragain2493

Age is all relative, in my opinion. In high school/college, 5 - 6 years is a huge difference. However, you are out of college, and you are an adult.

So it shouldn't matter.

I commend you on NOT making a move New Years Eve. That was a respectful move.

Look over what you read. Simply tell her how you're feeling, and add that if she wants to stay friends, that will work, too.

:]