coworker/friend issue

Scarlett513

so i met this guy about a year and a half ago when i started my current job. we work fairly closely and share the same group of friends from work. for the past year or so, we have been friendly/borderline flirty. we often hang out in a group setting with friends from work and email a few times a day.

lately, our "friendship" has developed into a closer relationship (something we both have noticed). he is a wonderful guy and i feel that we really click. he is totally not my type at first glance, but the more i get to know him the more attracted to him i become. he gets my sense of humor and i feel very comfortable with him. the problem is, i can't figure out if this new phase of our friendship is just that (a friendship) or if this is actually more like dating.

we email practically all day, every day. even if i'm not in work, the next time i come in i will find that he emailed me even though i wasn't there. the flirting has definetley escalated and we're on a basis now where we have each other's phone numbers and are comfortable calling/texting (usually about plans we have, though). we recently got together outside of work, just the two of us. the setting was pretty date-y and we had a really good time. afterwards he made to sure let me know he had a great time, and over the course of the day, hinted toward a future "date" - although he didn't use the word, he asked me to a specific event and implied it would be just the two of us again. since then, we hung out with 2 couples we know through work and the two of us (he told me he wanted me to come so he wouldn't be the third wheel but after the other couples left, told me that he was happy they left). the discussion between the two of us seemed to be going towards a "we like each other"...but didn't. nothing physical has happened between us besides flirty play hitting, etc, and a hug and friendly (?) kiss on the cheek. he hasn't clearly said that he wants something more than friends.

i don't know if i'm reading him wrong...he is a very friendly and outgoing guy, so on his end, this could just be another friendship. i don't think he is interested in just sex (if that was it he would have made a move already), but it's possible that he just enjoys the flirting and attention. i like him but don't want to put myself out there if i'm reading this wrong. more than that, i wouldn't want to ruin this awesome friendship we have going by trying to make it into something else...?

SuperFantastico

ha ha ha. love god makes me laugh.

Ok hes not your type but since you see him all the time and is probably one of the only guys you spend this much time with(kinda like jail) you see him as a possible suiter now.

The short on my opinion. Im all adviced out :S

I think he likes you but it too f**king shy/scared to make a move. You might have to do it. BUT be warned. It could make things awkward kinda like what lovegod was hinting at.

All you have to ask yourself is this. Is it worth the risk. Do the math in your mind. Factor everything and you will have either a yes or no answer.

If its a yes, then like i said because hes a shy guy ( like i am/was :S ) you might have to make the first move and possibly an additional couple before he breaks through that mental barrier of fear.

PLUS you are gonna have to make those girly subtext(if i flick my hair it means i like you) things WAY more obvious possibly to the point where you have to bitch slap him and say come date me b3otch!! Like i mean really friggn obvious.

Dats my 2cents