He tells me he likes me, but then ignores me?

I've been friends with a certain male friend of mines for two and a half years. The whole way through our friendship he has told me how gorgeous and kickass he thinks I am. I've always liked him too. We have never met, just chat on MSN, have mutual friends, and live a few hours away from each other.

Anyway, two nights ago we were just talking on MSN as usual and I cant remember how exactly it came about, but we told each other how we feel about one another. Slight problem though- he has a girlfriend and has been seeing her for as long as I can remember. We sat up that night talking on MSN, texting and he rang me when he could. Spent all day texting yesterday too. He texts me last night saying that it was a bit dangerous to talk at the moment (I'm guessing his girlfriend was around), and that he'd talk to me on MSN.

I get up this morning, hes not online or whatever, so I send him a text, just a general how are you type one. No reply. I go online again later on and he goes offline seconds after I come on. It could just be coincedence, I know, but I still just feel like he's trying to avoid me. I don't understand how he can be all "I really really like you" and so on and then not speak to me.

I realise I shouldn't be kind of after someone elses boyfriend, but I can't help it, I actually do like him. Its way out of character for me.

His reason for not responding could be a number of things. Maybe his girlfriend is still around. Maybe he's just too busy to answer at the time. He might be feeling guilty about doing this behind his GF's back, so he's laying off a bit on the contact with you. There's no way to know for sure. But it's best not to try and contact him, he will probably reach you eventually.

you sound like a real sweetheart.

it doesn't matter how many "really really's" he says he likes you cut him loose. i guarantee he's telling you the truth, but you don't want a man who doesn't know what he wants.

it sounds like you really like him too and are loving and patient and understanding, but that's not the point. the point is this: feel a little pain now by cutting him loose, instead of feeling a lot of pain later when this drags out for a year and half and ends the way it started.

go get someone better - you'll have no problem meeting someone as wonderful as you.