I wonder if I don't invite people over because my house is messy, or if I keep my house messy so I can't invite people over.

Maybe your house isn't really messy - it's merely the perception of messiness. Maybe you think too much. Maybe you care too much about what people think about your perceived messiness. I think that maybe you think too much about everything. Or, put another way, I think that you think that others think that you think your house is too messy to invite them over. But, that said, I'm really not too sure what to think.

While parents mould the foundation of who you are during your childhood, they're not the only ones. Your peer groups and your social environment also help to define who we become, especially as teenagers and young adults. Once you become a young adult, this is where your personal choice and decision-making comes into play to self-mould.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that approval and acceptance come from many sources. More importantly it needs to come from you, although hopefully, whomever you choose as your partner will help to encourage your growth and self-sufficiency.

Maybe your house isn't really messy

Trust me on this one.

I think that maybe you think too much about everything.

Great minds think alike.

This_Too_Shall_Pass
Maybe your house isn't really messy - it's merely the perception of messiness. Maybe you think too much. Maybe you care too much about what people think about your perceived messiness. I think that maybe you think too much about everything. Or, put another way, I think that you think that others think that you think your house is too messy to invite them over. But, that said, I'm really not too sure what to think.

I think you know what I'm thinking right now. Your trunk should be tied up with your tail.

:bunny:

It's past 1:30 a.m. here, and TTSP is thinking of plodding her way to her bed. I'll see how you're faring tomorrow, Magic....unless you do a Houdini on me and untie your knot all by yourself.

LS has become my substitute for TV and talk radio. I like to think it requires a little more relating at least. But it is certainly "safe" compared to face-to-face.

I think many of my outer circle (as TTSP called it), think I am a little nutty because I hang back and find ways of not getting close. I sometimes think I should fix it. Then I think I like it that way.

Amazing. I do the same thing.

Got invited to a social get together this weekend. But, blew it off. Lots of potential to meet some new women friends.

Then, spent the next few minutes thinking that I really need to address my issues.

But, spent the rest of the day doing something I enjoyed. I re-finished/re-stained all my living room furniture. Had a blast just by myself.

I want friends..but, it just seems like a waste of time. I haven't had a healthy relationship from the get-go. So, it just isn't in the cards for me. I can make friends easily. It's the keeping them around without pissing them off is the hard part. I am tired of being rejected.

It is comforting to know that there are other people who struggle, too. Makes me feel more normal.

Then, spent the next few minutes thinking that I really need to address my issues.

Your problem is that you keep marking them "return to sender." Let it go.

But, spent the rest of the day doing something I enjoyed.
Had a blast just by myself.
You must be exhausted. Did you have a cigarette afterwards?

It is comforting to know that there are other people who struggle, too. Makes me feel more normal.
You know they're just making this "struggle" stuff up to make you feel better. You're pretty amusing, though.

johan, I was thinking about your father and the way he treats you. I've met up with many control and power freaks in the corporate environment. One personality type I noticed was the selfish, self-centered type where instead of openly telling you you're not good enough, they make you feel that way by telling you how great they are and what they've accomplished, therefore diminishing your accomplishments. It's a way to ensure superiority and vampire your self-esteem to increase their own. Food for thought...

One personality type I noticed was the selfish, self-centered type where instead of openly telling you you're not good enough, they make you feel that way by telling you how great they are and what they've accomplished, therefore diminishing your accomplishments. It's a way to ensure superiority and vampire your self-esteem to increase their own. Food for thought...

Word.

I used to be like that, before I realised how truly great I really am.

Word.

I used to be like that, before I realised how truly great I really am.

I've yet to see an insecure elephant so that just proves you're a true elephant. I seem to recall that elephants are the one of the most difficult animals to drive insane.

I seem to recall that elephants are the one of the most difficult animals to drive insane.

That's because I'm already there, baby.

Yes, and I'm sure it wasn't a very long drive there, was it?:laugh:

I think I was born with a bent spoon in my mouth.