Is it over or is there hope

this is my first time I share my story, but I felt I could use some input from people who have been in a situation similar to mine.

I met MM last spring through my work and to begin with our contact was purely professional. But both being foreigners in the town we lived and our partners in other countries, we agreed to have dinner as we had little else to do in the evenings.

I guess, I was attracted to him and vice versa, but given we were both in relationships (I was engaged, he married for 20 years with two kids) I did not think of him as a potential lover.

Then two months after we met, we one night after dinner and drinks and ended up kissing at three in the morning and that was the point of no return. We both fell madly in love and ended living together during the week, while seeing our other halves on weekends.

I have tried breaking up with him three times, only to find myself right back in his arms. Because of the affair, I ended my engagement as I realised my fiancee would never be the right man for me.

I left the town where I met him to boost my career, but agreed I would continue to see him, while he decided what to do with his W and life.

However, this never came about as his W found out about us. Since then, we have spent on the phone, both of us in tears, as he has to deal with being found out and deciding at the same time what to do.

I have cut all contact with him, because I felt that he would not make up his mind as long as I was there for him, comforting him.

He did ask me to wait and be patient but without committing to me, which I said was unreasonable.

I know I have done the right thing and I have nothing to lose. But has anyone ever experience a happy ending? Is it over or is there hope?