is a present necessary on anniversary??

hey

well i have been with my boy for almost 6 months and i was wondering if i should buy him a anniversary 6 month present.. because if he buys me something i will feel really bad for not returning the favour but if i do and he doesn't i will feel silly.. the problem is that i am only 16 and we do not regularly exchange gifts.. so if you do suggest i buy him something what could i get that is not over the top?? is it normal to buy gifts on these anniversarys?

thanx for all the help,

sal

If he hasn't mentioned your upcoming six month anniversary, it's doubtful he's planning on getting you anything. But if he does, it's not necessary that you have something ready to give him in return. Relationships aren't about being nervous wrecks over something like this.

It would be a nice sign if he does get you something or observes this anniversary in some special way but the six month mark is not nearly as important as the one-year point.

If he does get you something and it's a surprise to you, tell him your surprise for him is taking him out to his favorite restaurant or entertainment activity. You won't need to have a packaged gift ready in that case.

Never be tense about giving gifts. If, right now, you want to give him something...plan on it. If you don't, you probably shouldn't do it no matter whether he gives you anything or not. If your relationship with him requires a scorecard on giftgiving, it's not worth being a part of.

I'm a little late on this thread, but...

DO NOT buy him anything.

Chances are, he won't even realize it is your 6 month anniversary. Girls remember this stuff much more than guys do, and if you buy him something, you risk the chance of looking like an idiot. Six months is nothing. A year, maybe, but even then, if you aren't married, a gift is not necessary.

Feel free to mention it to him, if the conversation flows that way, but you are better off not even mentioning it.

If he does get you something, tell him Thank You and give him a big smile. You are the girl! Of course he should be buying you stuff! ;) Don't feel bad about getting him nothing in return, not for a single second. Just tell him Happy Anniversary and THANK HIM.

That's all you need to do!

You are the (female) receiver! Thank him. Be courteous, affectionate, and show classy gratitude. DON'T BUY HIM ANYTHING! (Have a nice card available, if he gets you one.) ditto to the post from Clia.