stood up again!

velvet

We made plans to get together after I finished with class. I came home, ate, showered and realized I was just too tired to meet him later. He asked if he could come by, and I said sure. He said he misses me, that we havent been together in a long time. Well, that was four hours ago, and Im going to bed.

He seemed so great the first few weeks, and until recently was very charming. But this is the second time he stood me up, maybe he feel asleep. Either way, he didnt want to see me did he? Than why does he still call and say flattering things in my ear?

Oh well, there goes that, completely his fault that I cant see him anymore. I dont wont to tolerate that crap.

please please PLEASE forget about this jerk...no matter what excuse he gives you (and I'm sure he'll have a real good one....PHHHHH!), how charming he may be...sometimes! and also how HOT he may be. Believe me, I have been there! He'll only do it again and again and... then think that he can get away with it every time. And pretty soon you'll except this as "how he is", but you deserve so much better! Be smarter than I WAS and save yourself a lot of pain! PLEASE! Good Luck!

Well, he had already put you on notice that he was an inconsiderate scumbag and you didn't take heed.

If a guy stands you up just once in the initial stages of dating and under the circumstances he did, he is absolutely giving you a clear message of what he's all about. If I had to work late when I had plans with somebody, I would give them as early notice as possible and I would call them intermittently through the evening. I would also apologize profusely and ask them how I could make it up to them.

If this guy calls you and tries to get another date, don't even come here and ask for advice. You already know what that will be.

he's lied to you once before, but that was okay, because it sounds like when you ran into him at the club it, you projected mixed signals. Now you're upset because he lied to you again? Come again?

you say it's "completely his fault that I cant see him anymore" and that you "don't want to tolerate that crap," but you're doing a good job giving out mixed signals even in these postings. Until you decide what you really want, guys like that are going to take advantage of your indecision.

What exactly do you want? To try to make it work with him? If so, then lay down the law and tell him that you don't appreciate being played for a fool, even if it's just casual dating, and that when you treat him with respect, you expect the same in return. If he can't handle that, tough for him. However, if you've really decided that enough is enough, for pete's sake, stop waffling on the issue! Just tell him that you don't appreciate being played for a fool, then walk away and don't turn back. There are many, many more fish out in the sea, among them one that's not going to spit out the hook.

Hi Velvet

It sounds like he has you as his insurance policy. If a guy stands you up (especially twice!) that means he's not willing to put the effort in to meet commitments to you. It takes absolutely no effort on the part of a guy to call a woman up and whisper a few nice things through the handset to keep her in the picture. He's probably got a few girls 'on line' in case things dry up.

Remember 'actions spoeak louder than words'!

Oliver