??Is this wrong??

Hi everyone,

I just have a question about my relationship with my boyfriend. Im sure everyone will have extremely different opinions on this.

I don't live with my boyfriend, but I stay there on the weekends and 1-2 days during the week.

We have been together for almost 2 years now. Ok now here is my question, everytime we have supper together he will cook and I clean.

So that seems really fair to me, some people have told me it is wrong but I think its fine since he is the one cooking.

Another thing when I am there I sometimes will dust, empty garbages and do the laundry etc. He is usually the one in the relationship who pretty much always pays when we go out, and I feel really good when I am able to help him around the house. He really hates doing those kinda things and I am the kinda girl that wants to clean for my man and stuff. The only reason I sometimes feel like I shouldn't is because I don't fully live there.

So overall I don't mind doing it at all, but number 1 I want him to continue to do things in return, and just make sure he appriciates it. It doesn't bug me at all doing these thigns for him its my way of showing I care, but does it give a wrong impression? What are your opinions on this??

I had a similar set up with my ex. I cooked, he cleaned. I would help clean up around his place because I spent a lot of time there, but the extra gross stuff (like bathrooms or dishes that had sat in the sink for weeks :sick: ) was all him. I would do his once in a while laundry if I was doing mine as well, or in times of real need, but otherwise it was all his (but I used his laundry for free so it was only fair). He paid a lot for meals, but other stuff I sually got (it worked out he paid for the few big things, and I paid for the lots of little stuff).

It doesn't sound like you are bothered by this dynamic, and neither does he, so it sounds fine to me. As long as both of you appreciate the efforts the other extends, it's all good. When you stop appreciating and start expecting (w/o thank yous or anything) that's when it can get dicey.

Actually, it sounds like the two of you have a good balance. Every relationship has to be give and take, and as long as the two of you are happy with the situation, don't worry about what your friends are saying.

• Author

When you stop appreciating and start expecting (w/o thank yous or anything) that's when it can get dicey.

Thats the only thing I am scared of but it has been almost 2 years so hopefully it stays that way! Thanks for the comment!

• Author
Actually, it sounds like the two of you have a good balance. Every relationship has to be give and take, and as long as the two of you are happy with the situation, don't worry about what your friends are saying.

Thank you you guys truely made me feel better!

Listen, a guy that cooks is a one in a million. It's a dying breed. Close to extinction. And should be put on the endangered list. Therefore, whatever he asks of you, as long as you're able to, you should do it in double quick time ;)

Hi everyone,

I just have a question about my relationship with my boyfriend. Im sure everyone will have extremely different opinions on this.

I don't live with my boyfriend, but I stay there on the weekends and 1-2 days during the week.

We have been together for almost 2 years now. Ok now here is my question, everytime we have supper together he will cook and I clean.

So that seems really fair to me, some people have told me it is wrong but I think its fine since he is the one cooking.

Another thing when I am there I sometimes will dust, empty garbages and do the laundry etc. He is usually the one in the relationship who pretty much always pays when we go out, and I feel really good when I am able to help him around the house. He really hates doing those kinda things and I am the kinda girl that wants to clean for my man and stuff. The only reason I sometimes feel like I shouldn't is because I don't fully live there.

So overall I don't mind doing it at all, but number 1 I want him to continue to do things in return, and just make sure he appriciates it. It doesn't bug me at all doing these thigns for him its my way of showing I care, but does it give a wrong impression? What are your opinions on this??

Sounds like a perfect setup. :)

Sounds like you guys have things figured out pretty well. A nice and equal balance.

• Author

lol, well thats good! and on top of that hes an insanely good cook too....its really weird, cus hes a bad boy, buff thug kinda guy

• Author
Listen, a guy that cooks is a one in a million. It's a dying breed. Close to extinction. And should be put on the endangered list. Therefore, whatever he asks of you, as long as you're able to, you should do it in double quick time ;)

lol, well thats good! and on top of that hes an insanely good cook too....its really weird, cus hes a bad boy, buff thug kinda guy