Was it b/c I was wearing an ugly orange sweater?

phyrespryte

So I went out with this guy last night and it was extremely awkward. We went to this coffee place and the whole time he was yawning. In the middle of the date he mentions that he has to leave soon to meet with his partners. I ask him if he's tired and if he needs to leave sooner, but he says no. A couple of times our knees would touch and he'd pull back. So after an hour we leave and he walks me back to my train stop. He tells me that'll he'll call on Sunday so that we can go get dinner and have some real fun. Then he gives me a hug and a brief kiss on the lips.

I'm so confused. That sounded like a really crappy date right? Well at least for him?

What I don't get is that last sunday he was all chasing me and super affectionate. Then he was calling me all week trying to meet up and then this happens. I know that final week is next week and he's real stressed about this one project. But I keep getting the feeling that something's changed? But then if he wasn't interested why would he even bother saying that he'd call? Or why even give me a kiss? In fact he could've just left when I gave him the chance. I mean I'm still the same person I was last week. And during the date I noticed he kind of lied about a couple of things in order to impress me. I don't get it at all.

So I went out with this guy last night and it was extremely awkward. We went to this coffee place and the whole time he was yawning. In the middle of the date he mentions that he has to leave soon to meet with his partners. I ask him if he's tired and if he needs to leave sooner, but he says no. A couple of times our knees would touch and he'd pull back. So after an hour we leave and he walks me back to my train stop. He tells me that'll he'll call on Sunday so that we can go get dinner and have some real fun. Then he gives me a hug and a brief kiss on the lips.

I'm so confused. That sounded like a really crappy date right? Well at least for him?

It sounds like a crappy date for you. I think it's probably good to have a rule that if a guy starts yawning while he's on a date with you, you politely end the date asap. Speculating on his reasons for behaving like that are a waste of your creative energy. If there are valid reasons for what was a pretty crass way to behave on a date, then no doubt he'll contact you with them. Otherwise it's probably best to just put him out of your mind.

Why did you wear the orange sweater if you thought it was ugly?

I ask, cuz if I'm going out on a date with a guy I'm excited about, I prefer to wear clothes that make me feel good, and that I think I look good in. Maybe you felt 'dull' so you contributed a little to the dullness of your date?

In any case, it could have just been an off night for both of you. Go out with him again if he calls, and wear something you like.

NJ made a good point. I too was wondering why you'd choose to wear something you think of as ugly on your date. It didn't make sense to me.

• Author
Why did you wear the orange sweater if you thought it was ugly?

This is so bad, but I was waiting for my laundry to dry. I don't have a dryer in the apartment and I only had enough time to iron my jeans dry. Usually my clothes would dry overnight, but I guess the weather wasn't working with me. And usually I feel cute in that sweater, but nothing was fitting right that night.

Wait an see if he calls tomorrow before you start worrying to much. Everybody has those kinda dates once in awhile, it just sucks when they happen at the begining of a relationship.

Next time, hit the laundry mat! ;)

• Author
It sounds like a crappy date for you. I think it's probably good to have a rule that if a guy starts yawning while he's on a date with you, you politely end the date asap.

Good point. Yeah I was feeling pretty bad about the yawning. For some reason I kept thinking it would eventually stop. The conversation was pretty good and there were laughs here and there. But the yawning was awful.

Sorry for this being really off topic but your post reminded me of this story so much.

My roomies cousin was out with some friends, when he spotted this girl wearing a huge, bright orange sweatshirt. He ended up going up to her, saying "hey orange" and they have been together ever since, it's been well over a year now and two months ago they moved in together :D

• Author
Sorry for this being really off topic but your post reminded me of this story so much.

My roomies cousin was out with some friends, when he spotted this girl wearing a huge, bright orange sweatshirt. He ended up going up to her, saying "hey orange" and they have been together ever since, it's been well over a year now and two months ago they moved in together :D

That's such a cute story. So it being off topic doesn't bother me one bit. :)

• Author

Well he cancelled tonight because he still has to work on this project. He's got to present it tomorrow morning. And he said that he'll call me after that class tomorrow. It sucks, but at least he calls when he says he will. :)

Why is it not speculated that he was just dead tired, but had wanted to hang out with you so bad that he skipped the sleep he needed?

Or is that just not a possibility?

Instead it comes down to orange sweaters and lack of interest.

Sometimes I go out with friends instead of getting sleep like I need to, and end up yawning my fool head off. But I had really wanted to hang out with the friend. I'm not bored, and I'm having a good time.. but I'm still tired.

Why is it not speculated that he was just dead tired, but had wanted to hang out with you so bad that he skipped the sleep he needed?

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!:p

Much more fun to assume he's:

a) Married

b) Bored

c) Superficial enough to hate orange sweaters, or

d) A "player" who'd already gone out with six other girls that day.

But seriously, you make an excellent point.:)

• Author

:confused:

To be honest that didn't even cross my mind. I guess I'll have to agree with stoopid guy. I guess it's more fun to think the worst. Well not fun, more like a way of not getting my hopes up?

• Author

i'm drunk.

but we haven't gone out since. it's been the same garbage. i'm busy i'll call you

and then he cancels.

and then today he called and texted me. and now i'm all drunk. and i called him back twice and left a text. it's my last night here. i just want some affection. is that so much to ask for? and why do people think i won't put out? i would. it's been so long. i would. ijust want to feel human. lovealbe. and i've tried to be mature and think what am i doing wrong. and i've tried to change but i'm over it.

i hate the rules. i hate "he's just not into you". i'm not looking for into me. i just want a hug. a kiss. SEX! yup.

sex.

i miss that. and i look damn good in orange. and green too.

so what's the jjnumber? you'll get a yes 1 out of 10 times? how many more? that's just 6m ore douche bags.

I wouldn't worry too much about the yawning, he could have been really tired and being stressed out can really wear a person out physically and emotionally.

You wearing the orange sweater has nothing to do with the way he acted. But next time wear something you feel attractive in.

Wait and see if he calls you, and see where things go from there. But in the mean time try not too worry to much. ;)

i'm drunk.

but we haven't gone out since. it's been the same garbage. i'm busy i'll call you

and then he cancels.

and then today he called and texted me. and now i'm all drunk. and i called him back twice and left a text. it's my last night here. i just want some affection. is that so much to ask for? and why do people think i won't put out? i would. it's been so long. i would. ijust want to feel human. lovealbe. and i've tried to be mature and think what am i doing wrong. and i've tried to change but i'm over it.

i hate the rules. i hate "he's just not into you". i'm not looking for into me. i just want a hug. a kiss. SEX! yup.

sex.

i miss that. and i look damn good in orange. and green too.

so what's the jjnumber? you'll get a yes 1 out of 10 times? how many more? that's just 6m ore douche bags.

Sorry I didn't read this before my last reply. Sorry but he's not interested, I would just move on and fine someone else. Don't waste you're time.

• Author
Sorry I didn't read this before my last reply. Sorry but he's not interested, I would just move on and fine someone else. Don't waste you're time.

i guess. i just don't understand why he'd call every freaking day. it's like why bother? my friend says i'm marriage material and that's why i'm still single.

that makes no sense at all.

i guess. i just don't understand why he'd call every freaking day. it's like why bother? my friend says i'm marriage material and that's why i'm still single.

that makes no sense at all.

i know exactly how you feel about the marriage material part. thats why my friends and family say i'm still single too. because im a nice smart girl, with a good head on her shoulders...and the guys that i'm meeting are creeps and not looking or ready to settle down, there just looking for a good time girls, if ya know what i mean...this is why my friends and family don't like the guy i'm dating now, but i've only know him for 2 weeks so i'm going to see how things go, give him a chance so to speak...

i think he keeps calling you because he does know that you're a nice girl and he's trying to string you along, because he's just not ready to settle down, or make a committment...i think he's into partying with the guys, and going out will other girls...if i was you i would not accept any of his phone calls, or call him...in other words don't be home everytime he calls, see how bad he really wants to get in contact with you...hope this helps

• Author

He called last night and we went out. He confessed that he's been cancelling our dates because he was afraid of getting too attached to me since we are going seperate ways. He also said that the night we had coffee...he was actually tired and it had nothing to do with me and he apologized for being such a jerk.

So overall this date was 100x better than the last one. And there was yawning from both of us, but that's only because we stayed up and watched the sunrise. Lots of kissing too. :o