Over the last 2 years myself and a coworker have become close friends. Co-workers tease us and call us work spouses. Always has been platonic, both of us are avoiders and avoid conversations of where the friendship is. The friendship has been at a level that I am very attentive to her and she is very receptive to my attention, says she very much enjoys the attention.

About 7 months ago we crossed a line, back rub, etc...lots of sexual overtones. we never spoke of it afterwards, continued to be friends, and the line crossing just happened again, intimate backrub etc....again with high sexual overtones, but again did not progress into a sexual encounter. Other than these two physical encounters the friendship has always been high emotional with no physical interaction.

A recent job change now has eliminated the possibility for personal time together. I don't know how to read her, I would like to move to a higher level, but I really suck at reading unspoken messages. Are these two encounters just friends needing physical attention at the time or does she want more, just two avoiders with neither willing to take the risk.

Should I really lay it on the line, be honest about feelings and risk the rejection, damage to friendship or accept the fact that due to geographical work changes the friendship will naturally drift?

If you aren't married or in the committed relationship and she isn't either, what have you been waiting for? By now she may think you're gay!!!

Turn off your computer now, meet her out somewhere and tell her you really care about her a lot and you'd like to take the friendship to a higher level. If she says no, which most likely she won't, you aren't going to be seeing her much at work anyway anymore. If she says she not interested you can move on with your life and find somebody nice. And, knowing women like I do (hahahaha), if she knows you're seeing other women she'll die to get into your pants. Hey, that's how it is man!