Need suggestions on Resources for Troubled Employees

Laurynn

Hi there,

I've seen some pretty "non-relationship-related" posts here in the past, so if you don't mind, I have one myself. I'm working on an assignment and I have to come up with as many "community agencies" that (troubled) employees could be referred to (by their employer). Here are the ones I've thought of so far, but I think I might be missing some:

-stress management program/workshop/sessions

-grief/bereavement counselling

-referral to a dietician/nutritionist

-anger management program

-stress management program

-credit/debt counselling

-families w/ cancer support group

-alcoholics anonymous

-narcotics anonymous

-support group for families living with someone with alcohol or drug problem

-battered woman's shelter (re: domestic abuse)

-assertiveness training

-parenting support group

Can you think of any others? (even if you think they're silly) ....these apply to workers who possibly miss a lot of work for various reasons, or their personal/home situations are interfering with their job performance, things along those lines. I as the Health and Safety person would either be referring them directly or encouraging them to contact any of these various agencies.

I'd really appreciate your help. Once I get as many as I can, I need to thoroughly investigate them all (that's what my actual assignment is). Thanks so much.

Laurynn

It seems you have covered this subject very well. Let us know when you've completed your list. You've got a lot of agencies here I wouldn't have thought of.

One employer I had referred me to an employment agency to help me find another job...but that's a whole other story.

Al-Anon, Nar-Anon, and ACOA (Adult Children of Alcoholics) will fit nicely with "support group for families living with someone with alcohol or drug problem " These places all have web sites. Ala-Teen is available for children from ages 5 (Ala-Tot) to 18.

If the workplace offers EAP(Employee Assistance Program), I have found that to be very valuable. This can be short term counseling for a crisis, or in some cases, referral to long term counseling.

Suicide Prevention Hotline

Pregnancy Crisis Counseling

List of local ministers, rabbis, etc.

List looks pretty good

Brenda

Hi there, I've seen some pretty "non-relationship-related" posts here in the past, so if you don't mind, I have one myself. I'm working on an assignment and I have to come up with as many "community agencies" that (troubled) employees could be referred to (by their employer). Here are the ones I've thought of so far, but I think I might be missing some: -stress management program/workshop/sessions

-grief/bereavement counselling -referral to a dietician/nutritionist -anger management program -stress management program -credit/debt counselling -families w/ cancer support group -alcoholics anonymous -narcotics anonymous -support group for families living with someone with alcohol or drug problem -battered woman's shelter (re: domestic abuse)

-assertiveness training -parenting support group Can you think of any others? (even if you think they're silly) ....these apply to workers who possibly miss a lot of work for various reasons, or their personal/home situations are interfering with their job performance, things along those lines. I as the Health and Safety person would either be referring them directly or encouraging them to contact any of these various agencies.

I'd really appreciate your help. Once I get as many as I can, I need to thoroughly investigate them all (that's what my actual assignment is). Thanks so much. Laurynn

EXCELLENT ideas brenda.

Al-Anon, Nar-Anon, and ACOA (Adult Children of Alcoholics) will fit nicely with "support group for families living with someone with alcohol or drug problem " These places all have web sites. Ala-Teen is available for children from ages 5 (Ala-Tot) to 18. If the workplace offers EAP(Employee Assistance Program), I have found that to be very valuable. This can be short term counseling for a crisis, or in some cases, referral to long term counseling.

Suicide Prevention Hotline Pregnancy Crisis Counseling List of local ministers, rabbis, etc. List looks pretty good Brenda

hi laurynn,

- rape crisis centre

- child abuse helpline

- pregnancy counselling

- sudden infant death association

- gambling counselling

- vietnam veterans counselling

- parent-infant counselling (for new mothers who are struggling)

- gay and lesbian counselling

- suicide prevention crisis line

- victims of crime support

- legal aid helpline

- motivational training

- time management skills course/training

- first-aid for the workplace

- workplace harrassment course/training

- sexual harrassment in the workplace course/training/counselling

sorry if i've reiterated any of your suggestions.

good luck with the assignment

:)