So We're Meeting...

dora

Online three months ago or more, I met a guy who seems great. He's in another country in the U.S. military. Recently we exchanged photos. We chat weekly, if not daily.

We've talked about our past relationships, etc. There's definitely a friendship there. Flirted a bit and more as well.

He will come home to the States soon. We've made plans to meet up when he's in my hometown state.

Plans are to meet each other halfway, do dinner and go downtown. Nothing private.

Pals think I'm crazy for actually even considering meeting in person.

They say he isn't coming to just see me and hold hands...you know what I mean?

I like him, but I don't trust him-not enough to sleep with him.

What should I consider in making my decision of whether to keep our plans or not?

how on earth is he gonna sleep with you at a restaurant or downtown?? i think u'r very wise for keeping the meeting in a public place... and keep it in a public place! he can't sleep w/ u unless u go home together - which u have control of. so just go have fun, but be prepared for surprises - i'm always suspicious of people who look for dates online (no offense :) )

-yes

Online three months ago or more, I met a guy who seems great. He's in another country in the U.S. military. Recently we exchanged photos. We chat weekly, if not daily. We've talked about our past relationships, etc. There's definitely a friendship there. Flirted a bit and more as well. He will come home to the States soon. We've made plans to meet up when he's in my hometown state. Plans are to meet each other halfway, do dinner and go downtown. Nothing private. Pals think I'm crazy for actually even considering meeting in person. They say he isn't coming to just see me and hold hands...you know what I mean? I like him, but I don't trust him-not enough to sleep with him. What should I consider in making my decision of whether to keep our plans or not?

Actually we just met in a regular chat room, not like an online date finder.

Well...the date thing just happened or is that what they all say?

Our meeting is not until early february or early january by the way.

YOu are right, how on earth is he going to sleep with me at a restaurant or downtown?

Thankfully I am wise enough to keep an eye open at least when online. You just never know who is out there...and with what suprises!

dora

how on earth is he gonna sleep with you at a restaurant or downtown?? i think u'r very wise for keeping the meeting in a public place... and keep it in a public place! he can't sleep w/ u unless u go home together - which u have control of. so just go have fun, but be prepared for surprises - i'm always suspicious of people who look for dates online (no offense :) ) -yes
Interesting conversation, I am in the UK, met a lovely lady from El Cerrito on the net and we spoke daily for around 4 months - I travelled to SF to meet her just 6 weeks ago - and hey I am flying back on Dec 27th - so trust your instincts and go for it.

Online three months ago or more, I met a guy who seems great. He's in another country in the U.S. military. Recently we exchanged photos. We chat weekly, if not daily. We've talked about our past relationships, etc. There's definitely a friendship there. Flirted a bit and more as well. He will come home to the States soon. We've made plans to meet up when he's in my hometown state. Plans are to meet each other halfway, do dinner and go downtown. Nothing private. Pals think I'm crazy for actually even considering meeting in person. They say he isn't coming to just see me and hold hands...you know what I mean? I like him, but I don't trust him-not enough to sleep with him. What should I consider in making my decision of whether to keep our plans or not?