:(

fabulousgal

fabulousgal

Even though he has tried to maintain lines of communication, and I have pushed them away, I just don't get it. Even when we broke up, "the feelings are mutual between us", I was told I was "amazing". For those of you that don't know the story, we were pretty intense for 4 mos and then he told me that his family wouldn't accept me, and he couldn't go against them...but he was still wanting me to date him. I chose to leave that day. I just felt misled, and family is really important to me. I have had a much harder time coping with this than him, but he doesn't really know that. I thought as strongly as I felt, he must be hurting too. He's never really shared that with me. The most I've gotten is him contacting me, or questioning why I won't talk to him. His family did find out post break up, and I think that may have been the catalyst for him to really say forget about it, and charge ahead with his life.

I doubt my worth all the time now, which is ridiculous. People tell me how pretty, nice, smart, funny I am all the time. I was very gracious to my ex. But I just feel like if I was "that great" to him like he said, why did he let me go so easily? :( And why can't I stop thinking about him?

miranda beverly

Thats weird. It kind of sounds like bulls***. The first full year that my ex and I were dating, his family hated me. For a year straight. And my family and him NEVER got along much. My family got along with my ex perhaps, oh, five months out of our FOUR YEAR relationship. A lot of strong relationships are in that situation where someone's family does not approve, but somehow the feelings are strong enough to over come that.

It's just weird. I'm wondering if theres more to that. My family just got use to [my ex] and I dating after so long it became less of a big deal to them and just a minor annoyance. And his family ended up falling in love with me after the first year. So I don't know, I think you might want to get to the bottom of that one and see where the root of the problem is. Other than that, it's really not worth your stress darling.

=)

Have to agree with Miranda.

Family not liking you sounds more like an excuse. Maybe an easy way out? My ex-wife's family hated me, they never got to know me. That wasn't why we divorced, thats a whole 'nother story. Anyways, think hard. Was there things wrong? Were you disagreeing a lot? Even about minor things?

I'm pretty sure there had to be more to it.

• Author
fabulousgal

well i know it sounds crazy, but really things were great. we had a few disagreements the 2 days before, but it was nothing major. We are from the same heritage, and in our culture its frowned upon (to some ppl) if the woman is older. I am older by 3 yrs, making him rather young, and he was basically telling me his parents wouldn't be cool with him marrying an older girl. he didnt sit me down to have a "talk", it just kinda came about. since then, he has tried to continuously talk to me, and the issue has come up again, which makes me believe he wasnt pulling my leg. I wasnt looking for a wedding by any means, but I want to be w someone who has no issues saying, if it gets serious we will take it from there. so that is why i left.