Relationships with drugs involved

Ladywithafan

Three years ago I went out with a male friend of mine to an island joint for a beer. He ended up meeting a woman that he is dating to this day. My boyfriend was in prison at the time and this male friend has always been just that, a friend. My boyfriend & my friend are friends as well.

Since my friend met his girlfriend three years ago, they've had rocky relationship mostly because of drugs. She likes her weed and lines © and he does his crack. Just a little background info....she's had him arrested for physical abuse and when the cops arrived (about 2 years ago), she let them in and ended up getting arrested as well because they searched her home and found cocaine residue...typical, eh?

Also, she's seperated from her husband of over 15 years (was seperated when she began dating my friend, as well)but has made no headway to divorce even though she's been dating my friend.

As it turns out, both my bf & I have been over to her home to visit a few times in the past two years...all good & friendly. I've always tried to get her to go out with me for a drink but she's never agreed to a "girl's night" out with me. Her boyfriend (my friend) calls me as well as his other friends to go out to bands and what not, but she rarely joins in.

I'm presently making a change of residence and as it turns out, I'm moving into the apartment complex where her boyfriend lives. I didn't know he lived there as he moved out of her condo last year and didn't tell anyone we know where he moved. No biggie.

Now, I received an email from her that was very nasty about how I'm not helping her situation out by moving where I'm moving, and don't I know what my boyfriend loves better than me (crack, I'm sure)...etc...she's 46 and a teenager could have written that letter...

I have been through so much in my own relationship w/my own addict, so I understand her pain, jealousy at her boyfriends friend's who, like mine, always seem to take him away from the relationship...yet...I don't know why she picked me to lash out at.

She just found out she has cancer, from what I understand, but she's been like this ever since I've known her...doesn't like any of her boyfriend's friends...I see myself in her from way back so I can relate to some extent.

Thoughts?