Cross Anonymous Recovery???

Ladywithafan

Before going to my Al Anon meeting last night, bf tries to tell me that I'm at the wrong meeting...I need to be at the AA...then says that's there's no AA meeting...now, I know d*mn well, that there's Both meetings going on...he's just upset ( amd trying, IMO, to SET me off) that I've done some "detatching" from him...says my whole attitude has changed...IMAGINE THAT?! ...

So, I calmed down on the drive to the meeting, went, ran into people I knew...of course, it's a small island...but, was sooo glad I was there...

Now, since I'm from a father who was an alcoholic and basically died from the mix of liquor & lung cancer f/cigs...and I've gotten into situations & got smashed just so as to not have to deal with anything...and then spent a few years in "Crackland"...I'm thinking, maybe I can go to 3 meetings a week, 1 for AlAnon, 1 for AA, and 1 on Sunday morning, which is held at the beach & I've actually been to, a few years back for Narc Anon...

I don't want to do the meeting a day thing...but I have felt more peace since just going & sitting & listening thus far this week.

I don't think I'm an alcoholic but I've gone beyond the point of social drinking in certain situations just to escape...dad was.... & I didn't quit the dope until I almost lost my mind...I don't crave it, I don't ask for it, I have been around people getting high & not smoked...

Any thoughts on this???

blind_otter

I think your plan is good, just go and sit at the meetings and listen. You can go to whichever you like and wherever you feel comfortable.