I Slept with a married man

At my work about 6 months ago we got a new supervisor (immediate supervisor). He's very nice and my supervisor and married. But I have been attracted to him since I met him. I am single, early 30's and a mother of two little ones so I don't get out much and have no family or friends here.

Long story short, a couple of weeks ago alot of us went out to a club for my Birthday. My boss and her husband, another single co-worker and my supervisor and his wife were the only ones who actually came out. We drank and had a great time. While at the club I tried to dance with my supervisors wife because we were all dancing and she didn't want to. She kept making her husband dance with me. End of the night he kissed me.

Before anyone decides to give me the homewrecker comments I just would like to say this.... It takes two to tango and I never expected this nor did I stop it. I am very lonely and I see him all day 5 days a week. I feel very guilty and now I'm heart broken... Ok I'll explain..

For one reason or another the sexual tension that next week at work was so thick you could cut it w/ a knife. He was grabbing and rubbing as soon as we were alone. I was the same way. I loved being with him. Long story short after only a couple of weeks he ended it. Yesterday he came over to my house and after sex we just layed in my bed. He was on his lunch break and I was off work. We layed there for a while. I kept asking him if he needed to go so he wouldn't feel like I was trying to keep him there. I then asked him how many times he's had an affair before. I was his first. First I was flattered, but then the reality over I was the first one set guilt and shame all over me. But the damage had been done and it wasn't the sex but the feelings that I knew that I had from knowing this man. This morning I came into work and he told me that he couldn't see me anymore. He said that he was very, very attracted to me and that his emotions got in the way. I asked him if it was b/c of his wife and he said that and alot of other things and just said "I'm sorry". Then asked me if we were "Cool and could go back to the way it used to be" I said of course. Later that day all he could say to me was I'm sorry. When he was at my house the day before he joked about the "7 year itch". Now I'm here feeling like I was the scratch to the itch and realized that I had deep feelings for him. I'm not sure if I was just the scratch or if he was starting to have feelings for me and didn't want to. One thing is for sure I will never hurt like this again. I'll be single forever before I see a married man before. I want to know what anyone thinks of why he ended this.