Aahh, the joys

clandestinidad

clandestinidad

I finally got in bed around 2 or so this morning (a little insomnia the last few days), and was there for literally 3 minutes when nearly 3 yr old DD started coughing and then SCREAMING like she was hurt or scared.

I rushed into her room, and was immediately confronted with an awful musty-acid smell. She had thrown up all over her bed. It was her dinner, fairly still in tact, undigested

I decided to just leave it :laugh: because my main focus was on cleaning her up...which took a while.

So, around 2:30 or 3 we're in my bed, and just about the time I fell asleep again she threw up again. I rushed her into my bathroom, cleaned her up again, and was at a loss for what to do about the sleeping arrangement.

I decided to put an absorbant hospital pad over it, followed by a towel.

So, around 3:30 we're back in bed, she laying on her poor makeshift vomit cover.

At a little after 4, she threw up AGAIN!!!! I rushed her into the bathroom, cleaned her up again, put a different towel down for her to lay on, and we went back to sleep around 4:30

I have no idea what she ate that made her sick. She has food allergies, but I cant think of anything I gave her last night that would have caused this. She had some Ham....and drank a little of the bath water.....but those are the only things I can think of.....but the fact that after 7 hours her food was still undigested is strange.

Anyway....what do ya'll usually do when your child throws up in their bed, and then your bed???? I was at a loss, and did the only thing I could think of at the time....cover it and go back to sleep asap:lmao: :o

Well on our son's bed we always had a plastic mattress protector. Not sure what you call it but it goes over the mattress so that if they throw up or have an accident at night it doesn't soak through the mattress.

He has had such accidents on our bed though and that's a bit of a pain. I always used to just take the sheet off to wash and then scrubbed the spot on the mattress with a washcloth with a little soap on it. Then I'd scrub it with just a damp washcloth with no soap on it. Then I'd spray a little lysol on it and let it all air dry. It's nasty though because I always wondered how much of it soaked through all the way into the mattress where I couldn't get at it. But it never smelled or anything after I treated it as described.

Hey, it gets better!

travellingman
what do ya'll usually do when your child throws up in their bed, and then your bed????

My daughter is a little younger than yours, but occasionally gags herself. We just put new sheets in her crib even if it's really late.

• Author
clandestinidad

LOL....well, it didnt soak into the mattress or mattress pad, so thats good! It was mostly chunks, not much liquid...LMAO gross

What did you put him on after you took the bedding off?? I mean, he has to sleep SOMEwhere, but where?? The floor??

I'm curious for the next time she does this and if theres more liquid to it!!!

Maybe I'll just cover it again, hahahaha. "Here's your towel, now go back to sleep in your vomit and hope it doesnt soak through"

TM: there's a limited amount of bedding to factor in. I mean, yes changing the sheets is a good idea, but then they throw up again on those too....

Give the kid a basin and suggest she aim for it. At 3 she should be able to and it will probably be less scary for her than tossing her cookies all over herself.

When my children were this age I would clean them up and then change their bedding. They had that plastic mattress cover also. I would wash that off w/ warm water and soap, dry it, and put on clean bedding. I would always lay a thick towel over the pillow and over their sheet where they slept so if they did it again, I would just throw the towel in the washing machine and didn't have to change sheets again. I always gave them a large container to throw up in but it never failed, they would sit up and puke all over themselves. I work w/ preschool children and believe me, the last thing they think about when they are getting sick is getting it in the container. We have to physically take them over to the trash can for them to puke in if we see that is going too happen.

Hope your dd is feeling better. That crap is going around here again.

• 2 weeks later...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao::sick: :sick: :lmao: :lmao:

AWESOME!!

"Dang honey, you blew chunks? Aww, here's a towel. Sop up and go back to sleep!!":lmao: :lmao:

I thought >I< was bad Putting my 3 year old vomit-breathing dragon in the john with the air mattress! LOL!!

First mistake is putting the little upchucker in YOUR bed, unprotected. You KNEW she was going to have a round two! Kevlar sheets and Tyvek PJs for parental units I say. But it was solids, so I think maybe a kevlar Flak Jacket too. That stuff can work up some considerable speed! Don't wanna catch a pork projectile in the lung!

All that at three in the morning in that dazed waking sleep, boy that had to be fun!

Parents. They MUST be crazy! :)

Be well, Take Care

MA