Step-Father passed away last night.

basscatcher

My step-father passed away last night from a massive heart attack.

There was nothing that could be done. He died half way to the hospital.

It all started a few hours earlier when he threw-up on the living room floor without a real reason.

This is my mothers second husband in 10-12 years that has died on her of a heart attack. She is once again alone.

I live so damn far away from her too. It sucks..

Charlie and I had plans to go to Fargo, ND and visit with my brother, nephews, and two of my girlfriends for the weekend and now I have to add 3 more days to that trip for funeral back home. I am renting a car to go home and then driving back next Wednesday. Charlie told me he would like to be with me when I go home but he can't because he has responsiblities to his children and his exwife won't work with him so he can be with me during this time. I will have him for the weekend in Fargo so that will be nice.

Why does life have to be unfair at times. I am reliving my moms previous husbands death. I was very close to him. I am doing ok as we all are.

All I ask for is prayers for my family during this time. I will be back next week..

your family is very much in my prayers, and you, too, as you travel home to be with them. As hard as this is (and it doesn't suck any less being a grown-up who has lost a parent), I am very grateful that you and he had a close relationship. I've heard so many stories about uncaring, unloving, flat-out bad step-parents, that it's heart-warming to know you loved him like your own.

peace,

quank

[/i]B][/b]

So sorry to hear that Peda you and your family will be in my prayers :( ... I'm here if you need someone to talk with pm me and i will give me my email !!:)

May you be wrapped in the wisdom you have so richly shared with us here and be comforted by peace in the midst of the turmoil.

Our prayers go with you.

I'll keep your family in my prayers. We don't know why He takes people away, but hopefully your mom will have the strength to keep the faith.

• Author

I'm back from an exhausting 6 days away. Wow what a week.

I flashbacked to when my first step-father passed away. I thought about what condition I will be in when my biological parents pass away. What I do know is when my mom passes I will be a total basketcase. I am very close with my mom and I know it will feel like I lost a huge part of myself..

The weather was bad; we had a ground blizzard and drove in it. Hertz rent-a-car gave me a Toyota Matrix to drive and it guzzled gas more then I wanted. I spent close to $1,000 on this dang trip. Good thing I got a Credit Card just at this time and was able to get it approved before I got the news of this funeral...

I need to unwind, I still feel like I'm in a daze. It feels good to be back home though and I enjoyed my visit with my family and friends. It was a bitter sweet trip..

jen_jen_heartbroken

It's good that you had a visit with your family, even under such sad circumstances. Glad to have you back.

*by the way, remember to save all your receipts and credit card bill for your trip -- I think they may be tax deductible. You can call the IRS hotline to be sure.

• Author
*by the way, remember to save all your receipts and credit card bill for your trip -- I think they may be tax deductible. You can call the IRS hotline to be sure.

Thanks for the tip.. I will check into that for next years filing. I've already done mine for this year and got my state back already..

Timing couldn't be better..

I do keep reciepts for one year just for saftely sake. I have a shoe box full from 05. Its about time to dump them.