Abusive New Year?

princess75

Hello, I want to recap my new year party night with my ex bf..and get some feedback.

We planned to celebrate it together, and at 5 pm (31st) when he calls me I ask him if he still wants to go..now he is my ex since over 2 1/2 year ago. He says yes, and then...we decide to go for dinner. Which we did, and then to the party. Dinner was good, nothing out of the ordinary...had fun, and laughed. now the party was kind of awkard. We arrive to the party, it was only the two of us. He starts acting weird. He says well, why dont you dance, but like go dance alone type of thing. And I look at him, with whom? I am just not into the I dance alone thing in a party....yes in group, not alone! Well, then he starts checking out girls, now I had no plans in my mind of he and I hooking up together...but I really wanted to enjoy a good party together...after all why did we go 2gether in the 1st place? And of course if we hooked up, I didn't mind, but just going with the flow... well, least I epxected ws he checking other girls! It was rude...so I was standing alone in the party, he acting weird going back and forth in the dance place, jsut walking around. So I started txt mesging my friends who were going to join me later on in the night...after 12. Now a freinds of his was txt msg him, and he wanted to come. he was with another girl, and my ex was like oh ..this is one of the girls I liked..and was all excited about it. I was like angry with him, jealous I know but also I jsut didn't feel good about not being his center of attention, and also as I sadi why go with me if he wants to not be around me?

Well, his friend came ...and I was introduced for the 1st time. His friend said he heard a lot of about me, and my ex really talks a lot of good stuff about me, that he wanted to meet me for so long! IT kind of surprised me. But evne then my ex would stil act weird. I started dancing with his friend adn him in group kind of thing, but my ex kept on checking all around for girls. It was so disgusting his friend realized how sad that situation was and I guess he felt badf for me so he would dance with me more.

Well, night went on, at 11:58 I was beside my ex, but he did not wish me Happy New Year, I was like miserable. I was being wished by his friend and not by him! He was txt msging friends! I mean, it is ok, but I was in front and he just didnt feel good I was there? I went to the bathroom and hid for 30 minutes!

Luckily my friends arrived later, and we then starting having fun altogether, including my ex. There he was less uptight about the situaiton and he even was flirting, like hugging and stuff.

At the end of the night, we left home and I invited him in..and he says I dontg want sex. I said , well me neither. ANd he left..I felt bad, like why couldnt he come upstairs and drink coffee or something? WE never end the night apart. We always end up in the same house (no sex is involved)

Well, next day we talked befroe Jan 1st ends, adn we are all fine...adn I was tellign him how it is probably better for us no contact. Be there but not like EVERYDAY! WE were planning to do a sport together..then his frined calls on the other line and he comes back to me all angry, saying hsi friend said I was acting like his gf..and that I am not his gf...and I wanted to explain to him I was not but I would not tolerte he looking aroudn for other girls when I am the one he went out with int he 1st place in NEW YEAR!

Well, we fought he says he cant take me out , cause I act aas his gf....I becoem sad, causE I have loved him and it is just plain rude he says that, and we hang up and I cried to sleep.

In the middle of the night, liek 3:00 am he comes to my place, worried something happened to me and why I did not pick up the phone. See, I was crying a lot...like desperate..and I was really depressed, but what wsa he thinking? Well, I said bluntly I am sleeping and closed the door.

So any suggestions why he acts so weird?

From the title of your thread "Abusive New Year" I conclude that you are a tad oversensitive, what you described can not be called abusive, it wasn't nice, fair, etc. but not abusive. I'm not sure how old you are, but I assume you are not in highschool anymore? You shouldn't make yourself so dependent on your friends and if they don't spend their time with you, then go and look for other people at the party. Parties are not only place to go with old friends, they are also places to make new friends.

Anyway, I guess, you still have feelings for him?