How to Spot Flirting ?

just_a_sprinkle_of_sayge

So I have been getting to know this guy 

- We have been really close friends and he's extremely kind to me some of my friends say he is flirting with me but I'm not sure so here's what he does that they consider 

" Flirting "

- He teases me every single day 

- One time we went outside and I was hot and I couldn't see so he gave me his hat and let me use it . 

- He also gave me his jacket to wear yesterday bc I was cold .

- I was having a coughing fit once and he gave me his water bottle and let me keep it .

- And according to my friends he talks about me a lot . 

- We also text everyday 

- Im not sure if this would "suffice " as flirting or if its just a friend thing 

basil67

There is only one way for you to know for sure:  put yourself out there and either flirt back or ask him on a date.   Being risk averse gets you nowhere

• Like 1
Lotsgoingon

None of what you describe is flirting other than possibly the teasing.

But here's the teasing. Flirting isn't just words. Flirting is a back and forth. If he is really flirting with you, you would feel it. If you don't feel the flirting, then there's no flirting. Flirting that we can't recognize and that we don't respond to and match is a mismatch. It's one hand clapping. 

Do you feel any flutters when he talks to you? Any special excitement. If you don't feel that, then ignore your friends. 

• Like 2

I guess I’m wondering here what have you done for him. He’s doing these nice things to show you he cares about you as a person and what have you done to show that you care about him? 

Flirting is usually sexual in nature and speaks to a physical chemistry or magnetic pull between individuals. You tease and feel teased and there’s often sexual tension. You probably won’t miss it for being friendly or a “friend thing”.

I don’t know how old you are and would not encourage that sort of thing if you’re very young. I suspected very young and checked your profile. You’re 13-17. Spend more time with him as friends and show him you care. Never let your friends pressure you or anyone else for that matter into doing anything you’re not comfortable with or just doesn’t feel right. 

smackie9

Yes teasing is flirting and in the PU handbook to have a woman emotionally tied to a man. He likes you. Flirt back, hint about going out together.