Christian Dating?

jakobia

If you christian, are you currently looking to date someone who shares your Christian faith? And why?

Gebidozo

Not looking to date anyone else except my own fiancée, but it’s an interesting question.

Personally, as a Christian, I prefer to date someone who shares core Christian values and is at least close to a Christian worldview. Whether that person is a practicing, formal Christian is really irrelevant.

An agnostic, an atheist, a Jew, a Buddhist, or really anyone who shares my ethical principles and my understanding of what’s right and what’s wrong, what’s important and what’s unimportant, would be a closer fit than a nominal Christian whose perception of Christianity contradicts mine.

• Thanks 1
Gaeta

I am flexible Catholic and my boyfriend is a flexible Muslim. We believe in the same things: respect, consideration, commitment, honesty, family, integrity, work ethic. That religious combination doesn't always work for couples but for us, because we respect each other's faith and we don't try to impose it on the other, it works. 

• Like 1
goldengirls

Yes, because if you follow the Bible as most Christians do, you will see the importance of being “equally yoked”.  A Christian should date another Christian so they are on the same page.  You could go to church together, Bible studies, your interests would be similar etc.  

basil67
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Gebidozo said:

An agnostic, an atheist, a Jew, a Buddhist, or really anyone who shares my ethical principles and my understanding of what’s right and what’s wrong, what’s important and what’s unimportant, would be a closer fit than a nominal Christian whose perception of Christianity contradicts mine.

This ^    There are a lot of people who identify as being [whatever religion] but the way they live is not in accordance with the directives of that religion. 

I don't have any faith, but my ex-h did believe in God.  Of all the things which did go wrong in the marriage, our core beliefs of right and wrong were actually well matched and we respected each other's beliefs.  I think it can work if there is openness on both sides of the marriage

Edited by basil67
  • Like 1
SweetEscape22
On 5/9/2024 at 6:51 AM, jakobia said:

If you christian, are you currently looking to date someone who shares your Christian faith? And why?

yes but it's not a requirement. As long as they celebrate Christmas im happy