A girl i'm into friendzoned me and now i'm not interested but she is

SweetEscape22

This girl I like a lot told me that she just wanted to be friends like 6 months ago, but now she keeps subtly hinting that she likes me. The problem is she goes cold when I try to escalate things. She's kind of got herself stuck in the friendzone now though because im not really interested in dating her if she doesn't explicitly tell me she's into me. 

What should I do? Should i just ignore her and meet another girl or try to open up?

ZA Dater
1 minute ago, SweetEscape22 said:

This girl I like a lot told me that she just wanted to be friends like 6 months ago, but now she keeps subtly hinting that she likes me. The problem is she goes cold when I try to escalate things. She's kind of got herself stuck in the friendzone now though because im not really interested in dating her if she doesn't explicitly tell me she's into me. 

What should I do? Should i just ignore her and meet another girl or try to open up?

Depends how much you like her. If you do, open up and see where things go.

smackie9
Posted (edited)

Meet other girls. You so don't have time for this crap. You already tried to escalate things and she scampers away....serious not worth it. 

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Alpacalia

Just because she has shown some interest in you now does not necessarily mean that she is ready for a romantic relationship. Maybe she is slightly attracted to you but it's not something she wants to pursue at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Author
SweetEscape22

This is what i've been thinking, just move on to the next one. I do actually like her a lot but not if she's unwilling to reciprocate interest

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly
7 hours ago, SweetEscape22 said:

he problem is she goes cold when I try to escalate things

I don't think she is interested if this is happening. 

She may just be looking for attention without any actual interest in dating you. But can you describe what you've been doing or saying to "escalate things"? Perhaps you're putting her off in some way. 

• Like 1
FredEire

Maybe these subtle hints are just friendliness you're mistaking for flirting. If she was really into you she wouldn't tell you she just wanted to be friends. Just forget about it is my take.

Weezy1973
13 hours ago, SweetEscape22 said:

She’s not interested, but having you interested in her strokes her ego. So she’s trying to keep you interested so she gets the ego boost. Really immature stuff on her side. Definitely move on; she’s not a catch.

• Like 2
Gaeta

She sounds like a high school girl looking for attention. 

Time to move on and find someone that will reciprocate your interest. 

CollinW

She's not in the friend zone, you are actually. 

She does not like you she just likes the attention you give her. So whenever she feels the attention slipping, she gives you a breadcrumb to get you invested again, just to reject you when the ick of being with you kicks in again.

If you value her friendship I'd act as platonic around her as possible regardless of what your desire temps you to do. If you don't have the strength to do that, go cold. 

• Like 1
  • Author
SweetEscape22
On 5/3/2024 at 6:08 PM, CollinW said:

She's not in the friend zone, you are actually. 

She does not like you she just likes the attention you give her. So whenever she feels the attention slipping, she gives you a breadcrumb to get you invested again, just to reject you when the ick of being with you kicks in again.

If you value her friendship I'd act as platonic around her as possible regardless of what your desire temps you to do. If you don't have the strength to do that, go cold. 

This is a great way to put it, I think I understand better what her motivations are. Thanks

stillafool

Start looking at and dating other girls.  She's an attention seeker and immature.  Don't give her your attention.  Treat her like one of the dudes.