chooselife92

Need some advice ladies - 
Quick back story - 
In a very happy & strong relationship the last 10 years, engaged 3. Never had any insecurities or intruding thoughts about another woman.
I went home for Xmas and my partner didn't want to go (family issues) so went on trip with our friends instead (no big deal) 

However, I had two horrible nightmares about him cheating with a mutual friend and now my head is in the pits of dispare. Never had these emotions before. I woke up with my woman's intuition screaming at me. And I can't let it go
What triggered the nightmares - 
This mutual friend (who is extremely flirty) sent me a photo of them up snowboarding with her in his arms, like a proper couple photo. (Like how you walk into the honeymoon suite her in his arms.. Bit of weird move or am I over thinking like crazy?) 
I brought it up with him that I think she's a bit to flirty and he needs to stop entertaining it cause it was eating me alive and he told me I had nothing to ever worry about and he enjoys her company thats it.
But I can't drop it, it still hasn't left my mind 😔 there's lots of couples in our group and she's not as flirty with the other partners so am I ridiculous for thinking back off my man?! 
Any advice how to let it go? I miss living in bliss and hate this feeling!! Should I bring it up one more time and tell him the photo is what triggered all this? 
Any advice welcome 🙏

basil67

I can understand your discomfort with the friend's flirty behaviour, but if your partner is faithful, then nothing is going to happen.

Do you trust your partner?

• Like 1
d0nnivain

I don't know what you mean by in his arms or how you walk into the honeymoon suite.  The later is a bridal threshold carry.  Is that what you mean -- he was literally holding her up?  

I could see where a photo like that would upset you.  

Assuming your partner is generally trustworthy even if the friend is flirtatious, you should be able to trust him.  Talk to him about the picture.  Admit to being jealous & upset.  See how he reacts.  

Gebidozo

Different couples have different rules and boundaries concerning these things. Personally, I think that woman is too flirty, and I completely understand how such a photo would upset you. 

In my opinion, you could ask your FI to stop taking such pictures with that woman, and perhaps reduce his interaction with her. If my lady were feeling uncomfortable in such a situation, I would definitely do something to reassure her that there is no reason to worry.

bpb2017
On 4/27/2024 at 11:25 PM, chooselife92 said:

I had two horrible nightmares

Nightmares are not reality. Unless you keep poking at it then it will be.